It's Showtime!
I really like the most recent season of Dr. Who. Very interesting, indeed. Amy is a great character, and probably one of his best companions recently.
I will have to say though that I do still prefer Tennant.
He seemed to bring out the Doctor I liked the best.

Ao no Exorcist
Why do I get the feeling that the Silents are going to be rubbish? Every single monster that's been heavily hyped in the new series (the Slitheen, Ood, Weeping Angels ...) has been boring and not at all scary. Give me back my Cybermen and Sontarans

Okay I gotta disagree with you there. The Weeping Angels were scary as hell. Think about it one second it's normal then you blink and it's coming right at you with out stretched arms.

What? A winging, smug arsed melodramatic tit with an annoying catchphrase?

Now, now, to each their own!

But seriously, I agree. After about a year of Tennant's Doctor I stopped watching the show because it got the point where I couldn't stand him anymore. One day when I'm heavily medicated I'll catch up on his run just to be a completist.

It's Showtime!
What? A winging, smug arsed melodramatic tit with an annoying catchphrase?

I don't know. He never passed off like that to me. :disappoin

He may have been a little melodramatic at times, but I feel the new Doctor is a little too 'human' and lacks that alien timelordy feel.

Anyway...the new series looks so cool and promising so far. Especially with the return of the Cybermen and some of the other monsters. :)

Lurker
Now, now, to each their own!

But seriously, I agree. After about a year of Tennant's Doctor I stopped watching the show because it got the point where I couldn't stand him anymore. One day when I'm heavily medicated I'll catch up on his run just to be a completist.

I hope you have a durable chin, his final lines are so unendurably naff you may be knocked out by them

I hope you have a durable chin, his final lines are so unendurably naff you may be knocked out by them

Oh, I did see when he regenerated. My bf insisted I do so, I think in an effort to sway me into liking Tennant's Doctor "at his best." Yeah... not quite :sly:

He may have been a little melodramatic at times, but I feel the new Doctor is a little too 'human' and lacks that alien timelordy feel.

That's funny because I get the exact opposite feeling from him. From the episodes I remember seeing of Tennant, he fit in almost effortlessly among humans (and when he did toss out the arrogant "Oh, you humans!" line, it wasn't a slip up on his part but something he did knowingly), whereas in The Lodger during Smith's first season he is pretty awful at blending in for more than two minutes in Craig's flat. Among some of my biggest gripes with Tennant's Doctor is that he never really felt old or alien to me. I was railing against Smith as the Doctor because I didn't want a younger Doctor but that first episode of his entirely won me over. He feels old and no offense to Smith but he actually looks quite alien as well!

I guess it all comes down to a matter of personal preference and interpretation. To be fair, I've only seen a handful of the old school episodes for comparison.

Lurker
Which brings me right around to a better Tennant moment

"I've only one thing to say...I forgive you"