S

scikaiju

DWHide_zps9757fd17.jpg

Writer Neil Cross

Looks like it's time for a good old fashion ghost hunt

Lurker
It's that time again

That little niggle aside, it was very atmospheric and busy. Easily the best ep since "Bells"

Oh, and about a gajillion fanboys are presently raging over the fact Eleven mispronounced the name of a certain alien planet from the classic era

The Decade Everyone Wants Dead
Oh, and about a gajillion fanboys are presently raging over the fact Eleven mispronounced the name of a certain alien planet from the classic era
And for those of us who aren't as familiar with the Classic era. Care to explain?

And for those of us who aren't as familiar with the Classic era. Care to explain?

The blue Metebelis III crystal the Doctor used was a major plot point in two Third Doctor stories. In those episodes the planet's names was pronounced "mehtuhbeeliss", while in this episodes it was pronounced "mehtehbuhliss". It's a really minor thing, but it's the type of things fans get riled up over, and that's why we love them.

Disappear into light!!
Goes to show practical effects trumps CG. The design work, and the shots with the monster looked amazing. And really terrifying:sweat:. I also really liked the message of "scary and monstrous≠evil".

Easily my favorite episode alongside "Bells of Saint John".

I'm A Djinn
Another entertaining ride. And as a fan of the original The Haunting movie, the scene with the "holding hands" alone made this worth watching.

I havent seen that many Doctor Who yet but I found that most of the supposedly "scary" episodes turn out to be rather heartfelt (Empty Child and Doctor Dances, Beast Below, Night Terrors). Sometimes sad but not really scary, which I kind of dug. Im weird like this but I dont really watch Doctor Who particularly for the space adventures and aliens (crazy I know), I personally enjoy it best when it is more emotional and tugs at the heartstrings.

Not that there werent any genuinely ****-in-my-pants scary moments or episodes ofc.

PS. That face that Clara made when the Doctor invited her to explore the mansion was just so.....

Clara_zps820ad1b4.jpg

D

Dr Kain

Probably the weakest of the four episodes to air thus far. In fact, as a whole, this season has been down right lackluster. Easily the worst season since the series came back in 2005. Don't get me wrong, the episode was enjoyable, but I felt like it started very abruptly and then ended abruptly.

Lurker
I don't know, Series 6 was pretty bad. I don't think anything to me will be worse, except maybe tying it with 2 and 3 (well, as far as I remember them).

Altair
I don't understand the hate for Hide. The Rings of Akhaten I thought was much worse.