Do you WISH power rangers was REAL?

Does anyone wish that they want power rangers to be real? If so....
1. Would you make your own power ranger team? What colors?
2. Where will your powers/motif come from? Animals? Vehicles? Elements? Technology? Magic? The power & faith of God?
3. What kind of villains would you face?
4. Do you have martial arts experience or will you let these powers give them to you?

Last edited:

SamuraiEchidna

Do I wish Power Rangers were real? No... I wish Super Sentai were real. :169:

And I have been toying with the idea of a team that uses Music as their motif, but I am sure others have thought of that by now. I could probably come up with a billion untouched motif ideas if you give me enough time to think about it.

musashi03

HEROW
Silly wish, if Power Rangers or Sentai was real, then kaijins would be real too, else they'd be useless colorful folks. If Kaijins were real too, then you pretty much are wishing the worst for the country they decide to stage the fight. Good luck.

MattComix

Super Moderator
For Sentai or PR to be real would be problematic to say the least. Because if the Ranger powers are real (by itself pretty cool) then so are the villains which means we would have to deal with the dangers and the constant property damage that they cause on top of all the other challenges we face in our world. It would be like having a combo natural disaster/terror attack on a regular basis. We sometimes kinda chuckle at the mass crowds running in panic from the rubber monster of the week but for them it's real and it's horrifying. ..or at the very least weird as hell.

However, Ranger powers may not exist in the real world but the things Sentai and Ranger heroes stand for does. These shows are fun and fantastical way of expressing it. We're never going to find ourselves fighting an evil witch from space while riding in some magic powered mecha, but it is within our power to realize people are stronger together than they are apart.

But in the interest of fairness to the thread, I'll play along:

1. Would you make your own power ranger team? What colors?
2. Where will your powers come from? Animals? Vehicles? Elements? Technology? Magic? The power & faith of God?
3. What kind of villains would you face?
4. Do you have martial arts experience or will you let these powers give them to you?

1. Sentai and Ranger teams are rarely self-made save for the military or police teams but even in that context they are usually chosen. I'd be honored to be chosen at all but especially so to be take the mantle of Red. It would be a huge responsibility and extremely stressful but still an honor.

2. All have their pros and cons. I'd probably prefer tech or elemental powers if given a choice.

3. Hopefully ones that could easily be contained or destroyed in order to lessen damage and potential loss of life. For story and entertainment purposes it's cool to have smart and effective villains but if I were actually fighting them I'd probably prefer ones that are overly arrogant, easily distracted, and get caught monolouging a lot. :laugh:

4. I have no martial experience outside of a basic karate course I took in elementary school. Even if my powers did provide the majority of my fighting ability I would want to train rigorously anyway. Because it is inevitable I will find myself in a situation where I can't rely on those powers.

NateRiver

Welcome
No.It'd be selfish to take the risk of millions dieing just so you can have powers.

Kamen Rider on the other hand....

Shogun_Master

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
oooonly if i get to be one...:169:

All those people running in panic will be fine- the guy with the super advanced battle suit who's piloting a giant twenty story robot for the first time will save them...

And today's death toll will only be 10,000.

Ore-sama

The Great Me
Only possible way we could anything close to real-life Power Rangers and enemies is by pulling off an Akibaranger, if you understand what I'm sayin'.

Khaiden

Heroes are forever
Yes. Many people might die, danger would lurk at every corner and Earth would be in a pinch countless times.

So, what? It's in the name of justice!

Bigdog

Silly wish, if Power Rangers or Sentai was real, then kaijins would be real too, else they'd be useless colorful folks. If Kaijins were real too, then you pretty much are wishing the worst for the country they decide to stage the fight. Good luck.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDXCFUAhqW0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDXCFUAhqW0[/ame]

You sure?

If it was real, I'll be a Guyver/Power Ranger hybrid with Iron Man hint.

Ever noticed how these superheroes always allow the villains to live another day? How is that ethical if they could just storm their base and kill them and spare the world agony?

Rather be a bender though [Please don't cue gay jokes ok?]

Black Ranger RX

I don't have low self esteem.
Do I wish Power Rangers was real?

[hide]
HELL FUCKING YES I DO!!!!

Imagine going to Wal Mart to be interrupted by a load of Zords and a monster causing mayhem everywhere, and everybody has to run for the fuckin' lives.

Then again, that won't be so good. Maybe I'm talking bullshit.

But hey, Imagine being rescued from a burning building by the Pink Ranger?!! Who doesn't wanna be rescued by a babe?
[/hide]

Last edited:
I wished power rangers was real.

If you're in high school, you wished you had these powers. Even in college/university or when you have a job.

NateRiver

Welcome
Power rangers is just one of the many things that I wish was real. Its up there right next to Pokemon

Pokemon is better because there's no real violence...Like you go up to a terrorist and you're like "HEY DUDE YOU WANNA FIGHT MAH ELECTRIC RAT THING?!I'M A 10 YEAR OLD KID AND IT'S NOT LIKE YOU CAN JUST BEAT ME UP IF I WIN BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE A TERRORIST, YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW GOVERNMENT POKEMON BATTLING LAWS!"

Also, all Pokemon suffer Stockholm's, so it's not really slave labor...

Shynilyte

Shyni
What, you want the earth to be attacked by evil space beings and such, with the only line of defense being random people in spandex?

netro32

Lurker
If power rangers or sentai were real, this forum would not be here, because we wouldnt be interested in Toku, nor would most of us be alive. It would be like the watchman, they have superheroes but they read comic books about normal things, i.e. Tales of the Black Frieghter