Do you use videogames as stress relief

Many of us has those days where things do not go the way they should. So it was someone at work that gave you hard time like your coworkers. Or you had a bad day at school with a rotten professor. Whatever the cause may be you had videogames to relieve you of that stress. I remembered when I was stressed I would play GTA San Andreas and farm citizens to receive money. I do not spend much time other than the longest would be 2 hours. I liked this game and kept playing it to relieve my stress and the idea of playing a black character as the lead. I also had played the game FEAR which I was always happy to get a few chills from playing the game. I would always get scared and have fun playing the game especially seeing Alma pop up. I wish I could play the third installment. I just do not believe all the anti gaming activist who do not want games to be played. They act like all violence is started because of videogames. Videogames are a good source of stress relief and would prefer it that way.

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly, Profit5500. I'm personally tired of people of different groups saying the same thing of: "My child start becoming more violent because of videos games!" cop out. Of course, that's a rant for another time.

To stay on topic, I always used it as a means of an escape. Not only could I continue seeing where the story took me, but I got the chance to bash into villains to let me blow off on people WITHOUT actually blowing off on people.

Sometimes I play games as a form of stress relief, but I'd say more often it's a bit of escapism if anything...getting to do things or immerse yourself into settings that aren't really attainable in other settings. I think for most people it's just for fun though, there's not a ton of other motivating factors to it.

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly, Profit5500. I'm personally tired of people of different groups saying the same thing of: "My child start becoming more violent because of videos games!" cop out. Of course, that's a rant for another time.

To stay on topic, I always used it as a means of an escape. Not only could I continue seeing where the story took me, but I got the chance to bash into villains to let me blow off on people WITHOUT actually blowing off on people.
I can hear you there GamerPerson videogames are part of escapism. I could remember when Toonami used to have the anime show "DotHack" it showed the people escaping reality. I myself wish that I could travel to an alternate world and meet strange characters like in "Chrono Cross". Every time I would think about that game it would remind me that I can dream about other places and talk about people in the real world. However videogames are not problematic unless you make them to be.

After a shitty day of school i can game my stress away and forget about that stress. Its such a great way to have fun with friends and yet so easy. I think gaming and the internet are the best cure to stress and demotivation. As example nothing can cheer up my day more than winning a game or seeing a funny picture on the internet.

Yes, I do use video games as a form of stress-relief. Like many people, if I'm ever feeling down, I will listen to some music while playing games with a couple of friends. Without video games, I seriously wonder what state of mind I would be in. It has helped me when I was extremely sad, mad, and stressed.

I think video games are a great form of stress relief. They get your mind off of whatever is going on in the world. They work well as a form of escape. I think fighting games do the job really well. I can just lose myself in some Street Fighter and just forget about my problems.

Yeah, I play video games as a stress reliever. And it's good since I'm a college student and also doing part-time job. Being student worker will give you stress and it's hard. So thank the person who invented games that died just recently.

I usually don't use games as a form of stress relief. I tend to become very bad at playing when I'm stressed out which just makes me even more stressed. I prefer to read or watch something before playing games. Once I'm relaxed they help me stay mellow and finalize the stress relief though!

J

JoshPosh

I do use video games as a stress reliever. For that specific amount of time that I spend playing video games it takes me away from the daily grind of working. I pick up the controller and I disappear for the time being and not think about bills and disgrunted co workers.