Do you trust ebay sellers out of Hong Kong?

D

Dr Kain

I want some opinions. There is an ebay seller from Hong Kong selling the New World One Piece Figuarts Zero PVCs for $15 ($35 for Franky) a piece with free shipping, but every other seller is selling these guys at least for $30 a piece and like $50 for Franky. Does this sound fishy to you? The prices just seem to be too good to be true, and we all know that infamous saying about things being too good to be true.

Here is one of his auction links: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261018425468?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

"Buyer please note: This is a independent manufactor's product, NOT original Japanese version. In great quality and reasonable price"

Independent manufactor's product sounds like indirectly telling us that it is bootleg; only in a nicer way.

Banned
A guy was just busted in Japan for selling bootleg One Peice figures (he'd import them fr 300-1,000 yen each, then sell them as the offical product online for 3,500-4,000 yen).

However, i have delt with many sellers in HK that sold legit items.
You just need to look carefully.

The World Warrior
I have yet to have any bad experiences with Hong Kong sellers. Their feedback is mostly positive, so that's a pretty good indication. Not to mention they did specify that it's not an authentic.

It's not bad looking for a bootleg.

Last edited:
悪を断つ剣
Just because HK is part of China now, that doesn't make HK sellers unreliable LOL~ China has always been infamous for their counterfeit and their government doing jack in preventing these. So seller from China yes, seller from HK? No. HK works differently due to 1 country 2 systems and how our Customs do a good job in cracking down counterfeit activities. It has always been misleading that HK is China and both place work the same way. HK sellers are a lot more reliable then folks in China.

That robin has bootleg all over it man. I trust HK sellers, their ebay feedback speak for themselves. They usually have loose DC or marvel stuff for really cheap and would give you a replacement for free at the slightest bit of complaint.

Fangtaku
I've had good and bad experience with HK-local sellers. I've noticed that anime merchandise tends to be more likely to be bootleg than Tokusatsu, which I'm assuming is due to the fact that Bandai HK/Bandai Asia releases the toys outside of just Japan. I'd agree with what others here have said, do your research. Check the rating, check the description in detail, and I'll add to compare photos to the real thing off of AmiAmi or something (hopefully they're not using stock photos). If you do your research, you shouldn't be burned.

Lurker
At least that seller is decent enough to straight up declare that he is selling bootlegs. Though with the faces on those figures, it's glaringly obvious.

And honestly, with the exception of Nami, the Grandline series of figures have been much nicer thus far. Cheaper in most cases too.

And if you have to buy from eBay, my rule of thumb is to read the description thoroughly and stay away from sellers with ridiculously low prices and use only stock photos.

Last edited:
Back in Black
Just because HK is part of China now, that doesn't make HK sellers unreliable LOL~ China has always been infamous for their counterfeit and their government doing jack in preventing these. So seller from China yes, seller from HK? No. HK works differently due to 1 country 2 systems and how our Customs do a good job in cracking down counterfeit activities. It has always been misleading that HK is China and both place work the same way. HK sellers are a lot more reliable then folks in China.

Right...

Look above you... and below you...

"Buyer please note: This is a independent manufactor's product, NOT original Japanese version. In great quality and reasonable price"

Independent manufactor's product sounds like indirectly telling us that it is bootleg; only in a nicer way.

"Manufacturer: CN-copies"

This is awkward.

Anyway, I wouldn't go for it. It is better to pay a little bit more for a real figure with better quality than it is to support counterfeits that are not even of the best quality.