Do you trust ebay sellers out of Hong Kong?

PK FIRE!!!!
I've had some pretty bad experiences with Hong Kong sellers on ebay, way to many bootleg games that crap the bed. On a second note I have a new world franky, I'll sell him for 35 lol.

悪を断つ剣
Right...

Look above you... and below you...

Right... Meaning?

Everywhere you go there are bad and good sellers. Just because it's from Hong Kong people tend to mix it up with China and conclude HK the same as the mainland. CHINA is the king of counterfeits NOT Hong Kong. China and HK are two different places if you don't know.

Like I stated it's very misleading when somebody compares counterfeit & HK. The first thing that anybody would come to mind isn't about HK or China seller but 'Chinese' sellers. That is why foreign folks tend to mix them up. HK has always have a good reputation on buying and selling. I'm considered a Hong Kong dealer, so does that consider me BS and selling counterfeit items too?

Offended? a little. But I just wanted to clarify that just because you come across a Chinese seller who happens to be selling something cheaper then expected, doesn't instantly make him a scam. Everywhere you go there are bad and good sellers. Just check and be clear before buying. Like one of the members said, it seems like the eBay seller has made it clear that it is a bootleg. As a buyer you have your responsibility as well.

D

Dr Kain

"Buyer please note: This is a independent manufactor's product, NOT original Japanese version. In great quality and reasonable price"

Independent manufactor's product sounds like indirectly telling us that it is bootleg; only in a nicer way.

Wow, I did not even see that. Glad I asked. Is there any way to report this to ebay? He is clearly selling bootlegs.

Just because HK is part of China now, that doesn't make HK sellers unreliable LOL~ China has always been infamous for their counterfeit and their government doing jack in preventing these. So seller from China yes, seller from HK? No. HK works differently due to 1 country 2 systems and how our Customs do a good job in cracking down counterfeit activities. It has always been misleading that HK is China and both place work the same way. HK sellers are a lot more reliable then folks in China.

See, there is just something fishy when you see people selling a Figuart for like $80-100 and then you see some Hong Kong seller selling that same one for $25-40.

And I'm pretty sure all of those bootleg anime DVDs came out of Hong Kong, since that is where 98% of the sellers live (and where all of the DVDs this local anime shop gets them from). Does that mean everyone is a bootlegger? No. However, I just can no longer take any chances when it comes to buying Japanese items and they are being sold from someone in Hong Kong or China.

I have yet to have any bad experiences with Hong Kong sellers. Their feedback is mostly positive, so that's a pretty good indication. Not to mention they did specify that it's not an authentic.

It's not bad looking for a bootleg.

Feedback can be misleading if the person who buys it does not know it is a bootleg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in Black
Right... Meaning?

Everywhere you go there are bad and good sellers. Just because it's from Hong Kong people tend to mix it up with China and conclude HK the same as the mainland. CHINA is the king of counterfeits NOT Hong Kong. China and HK are two different places if you don't know.

Like I stated it's very misleading when somebody compares counterfeit & HK. The first thing that anybody would come to mind isn't about HK or China seller but 'Chinese' sellers. That is why foreign folks tend to mix them up. HK has always have a good reputation on buying and selling. I'm considered a Hong Kong dealer, so does that consider me BS and selling counterfeit items too?

Offended? a little. But I just wanted to clarify that just because you come across a Chinese seller who happens to be selling something cheaper then expected, doesn't instantly make him a scam. Everywhere you go there are bad and good sellers. Just check and be clear before buying. Like one of the members said, it seems like the eBay seller has made it clear that it is a bootleg. As a buyer you have your responsibility as well.

You were saying that Hong Kong is doing well in customs to prevent counterfeits, but the more specific item in this subject was a counterfeit. A few already have been sold.

You're grouping all parts of China as a whole while omitting Hong Kong. It's not so much about the system when you do indeed have good sellers and bad sellers. The first part about "one country, two systems" is "one country".

Figuarts aren't detectable to people who aren't into knowing about them. Anyway, most of the stuff that I've seen from HK has been a fake. I even ordered DVDs and a game from there once and I was told that they were real when they were counterfeit. The guy who sold me the game kept it when I sent it back and he never issued a refund.

This does not mean that all sellers from Hong Kong or China are bootleggers. You can have a good experience, but as it stands, Hong Kong sellers have earned their bad reputation due to most sellers on eBay being bootleggers.

Some Chinese sellers might be the real deal as well. Most major companies in the U.S. have factories there and it wouldn't be a surprise to find that someone working in one can be allowed to take a few items.

All I'm saying is that there most likely will be fakes out there if they are cheaper and that the government does not hold all the responsibility.

Space Ninja
See, there is just something fishy when you see people selling a Figuart for like $80-100 and then you see some Hong Kong seller selling that same one for $25-40.

At least with Figuarts specifically, you have nothing to worry about. Nobody has ever encountered a bootleg S.H. Figuarts release. Figmas, statues, trading figures, those are what you need to be more cautious about picking up.

悪を断つ剣
Wow, I did not even see that. Glad I asked. Is there any way to report this to ebay? He is clearly selling bootlegs.

And I'm pretty sure all of those bootleg anime DVDs came out of Hong Kong, since that is where 98% of the sellers live (and where all of the DVDs this local anime shop gets them from). Does that mean everyone is a bootlegger? No. However, I just can no longer take any chances when it comes to buying Japanese items and they are being sold from someone in Hong Kong or China.

I have never seen a SHF selling for that price. Even if they were, those are not fake SHF's (there isn't any) but mostly likely second-hand. And your subject about buying from HK sellers in eBay is misleading and the whole reason for this debate. If you simply put it as 'is this seller reliable in eBay for that price on the One Piece XXX?' Then your whole message would have been a lot clearer. But you obviously have thing about Chinese sellers and not HK nor China sellers.

What makes you so sure that 98% bootlegs animes DVD came from HK? You were here before? For your info, copied VCD's (of all kind) were from China too. That was history. DVD's, heck eBay had a lot of sellers from other countries who sold fake or sub-group animes dubbed as original before until eBay decided to make a stop to it. So are all those sellers from HK too? You may have been scammed by a 'Chinese' seller before, but that doesn't mean you go and discriminate and conclude that all HK sellers are fake. I'm a HK seller so does that make me fake too Dr.Kain? If I were, I wouldn't be getting business through Henshin-Justice or other forums that I provide my service to.

Like you said 'Does that mean everyone is a bootlegger? No.' Exactly. I'm not you, I can't change what you want to think. But try to refrain from deeming that a seller from HK means bad business. I've experienced some bad business from eBay before and those sellers were from the US. Does that mean I become bias and consider all US sellers bad? No, not at all. Like I stated before, everywhere you go there will and always be good and bad sellers.

We all know a few infamous members (seller) in Henshin-Justice and they are obviously not from Hong Kong; or does that automatically turn them into a 'bad seller from Hong Kong' too Dr.Kain?

Whether you want to take the chance on buying from a Chinese seller is up to you. Not my business and I don't really care. But before you go and open a topic like this, consider what legitimate sellers or dealers like me from Hong Kong would feel. People nowadays take whatever they read for granted. You say **** and people take it that way.

Lastly, buying Japanese items in HK is not FAKE. YES TOYS TOO. People sell real stuff for all items not just Japanese. The only stuff I can think of that still remains where people sell fake are handbags and apparel. But that isn't just the problem in HK is it?

Don't just put the blame on sellers if something were wrong or suspicious and you as a buyer don't take any responsibility. Buyers have just as much as responsibility as sellers too.

shingamyeonblack:

"You're grouping all parts of China as a whole while omitting Hong Kong. It's not so much about the system when you do indeed have good sellers and bad sellers. The first part about "one country, two systems" is "one country"."

If you recall, HK use to be part of the British colony before it was handed back to China during 1997. That is why HK came to an agreement with the mainland that we should maintain our own system but yet being part of China. So I'm not omitting anything here. We are one country but we have 2 different systems. We work differently and our policies also too. Heck whenever we have any problems China just sits aside and let us deal with our own **** without any support. It doesn't matter if we are one country, we work differently is the bottom-line here.

Last edited:
My belts talk.
I've bought a couple of DX rider belts on eBay from HK sellers and have never had a problem. If you're cautious and make sure to carefully check out the information provided for the product and also check out the seller's feedback, I don't see you having a problem.

D

Dr Kain

I've bought a couple of DX rider belts on eBay from HK sellers and have never had a problem. If you're cautious and make sure to carefully check out the information provided for the product and also check out the seller's feedback, I don't see you having a problem.

That is not always possible, especially if the seller just shows a standardized picture of the item (which is one of the reasons I hate those standard listings with generic pictures).

And Zankatou, there was a guy two weeks ago selling a Kuuga Ultimate Form Figuarts for $20 when the lowest price I have seen it is $100.

My belts talk.
That is not always possible, especially if the seller just shows a standardized picture of the item (which is one of the reasons I hate those standard listings with generic pictures).
If it makes you suspicious then just don't buy from them. It should end there and you shouldn't sit wondering whether to risk it or not. I mean, I suppose you could ask them to take pictures for proof, but I'm not sure how many sellers would actually do that.

D

Dr Kain

If it makes you suspicious then just don't buy from them. It should end there and you shouldn't sit wondering whether to risk it or not. I mean, I suppose you could ask them to take pictures for proof, but I'm not sure how many sellers would actually do that.

Actually, I have, and I have had sellers do that.

Secondly, I will take additional pictures of an item I am selling when asked, so I expect every seller to do so for me.