Do you think we'll ever seen Mortal Kombat Konquest on DVD?

D

Dr Kain

Anyone remember this show? I loved it and was so mad it ended on a cliffhanger. Has anyone heard anything about it coming to DVD yet? Various episodes were released in the UK, but why the hell do we not have it out in the US? Hell, why was it not released last month when the new game came out? It would have been perfect timing.

Digital Artist
I loved that show as well. I couldn't believe it ended in a cliffhanger and I wanted more too. I wish it would be released on DVD because if it does, I would love to own it. It deserves to be watched again. On a side note, no one replied to my MK Thread I made last month. I even talked about Conquest too. Whatever....:mad:

Last edited:
I know you can get them through less than reputable means but as far as I know, no word has been released on a complete official release. Maybe with the new Mortal Combat webseries coming out, it'll prompt the people behind Konquest to consider it. I used to love watching that show when it was on.

Nube
Conquest was released on DVD at least in Australia if you want to import it. For the most part MK was a dead franchise when DVD shows were popular even if the games still sold decently so it never got a US release and thats why we never got decent edition of the movies on dvds either. However now that Mortal Kombat is as big as its ever been in recent years I think chances are high. The revival worked great and you can bet we are going to get a new Mortal Kombat game sooner rather than later and tie-ins always happen. Only bad news is tv shows on dvd don't really sell as well as they did in the early/mid 00's. Lets hope. Now lets make this a general MK non games thread, sorry if we missed your earlier thread Chrono.

I absolutely loved Conquest as a kid, I re-watched it (thanks to the Aussie DVDs) about 3 years ago and I loved it. Its similar to Xena and other shows at the time that tried to copy the same format. Its a prequel to the first movie with the original Kung Lao and we see plenty of new faces as well as familiar ones. In fact this show makes me want to have a pre-Liu Kang MK game, a great way to start fresh. The show seems to get a lot of hate on the internet but I absolutely loved it, too bad it was cancelled.

Lets tackle the animated series, Defenders of the Realm, I'm sure you've seen plenty of videos making fun of it but its actually not that bad. The intro of the show makes it seem like they turned the MK characters into superheroes but the show for the most part really isn't like that. The show takes place after the movie and actually spends most episodes exploring the mythology of MK, now its still a cartoon aimed at kids and didn't have Batman:TAS level of writing but if you can endure some corny dialog its pretty decent. One exception is the final episode, for some reason the final episode features different animation and altered character designs as well as much improved writing, great episode and if the whole show would have been like that it would have been an amazing show, heck maybe the second season would have been like that, oh well I would also like to see it on DVD.

Now when the movie came out there was also direct to video movie, MK:The Journey Begins, which is both a prequel/interquel to the movie, it has terrible CG and animation but it actually does flesh out the movie a little more since for the most part this DTV is just gives background to the characters from the movies while having random fight scenes in between. We get to see that Sub-Zero and Scorpion are indeed enemies in the movie and are only working for Shang Tsung for some reason that is explained and whatnot. It wasn't released on DVD but I believe its an extra on the Blu-Ray. Kinda funny all the shows/cartoons/DTVs of MK are in continuity with each other technically since they all based themselves after the movie, the timeline would be something like Conquest > Journey Begins > Movie > Defenders > Annihilation, obviously this wasn't done on purpose so there are a few small continuity problems which you have to explain away but for the most part it works.

I know I'm not in the majority but I actually really enjoy the MK Mythology, I find it very interesting. I mean its fiction, I don't see why people get worked up that its taken too seriously, we know its cheesy but its fun. This is also why I think MK works without having to be Rated R or having excessive blood or violence, as long as its true to the mythology it works. I mean even in game canon most characters don't really die even if you perform fatalities to them, only very few of them actually die continuity wise in the games and those same characters are revived later in the series regardless.

Digital Artist
Yeah it's ok man. I just wonder if other people will write their thoughts in this thread. There doesn't seem to be that many views at the moment. What I really liked about Conquest was its action sequences. There were pretty cool fights and although many of them were doubled except for Daniel Bernhardt, it was still awesome.

The World Warrior
Just torrent or DDL the episodes, they're not hard to find. I'm currently watching the series on my iPhone.

boogie woogie feng shui
God I hope not. I'm trying to forget that the series ever happened.

It's Judgement Time!
*has whole show downloaded. **** dvds!*

I loved that show as well. I couldn't believe it ended in a cliffhanger and I wanted more too.

I always considered it just the final ep. No cliffhanger, just how **** ends. Which is bad. ass. I loved it. Now, I always assumed that if they did continue the series, that the rules of 'Mortal Kombat' would reverse what Shao Kahn had done because he violated them or whatever.

But my god that ending was powerful. It gave me chills!

"You. will. BOW. to... me."

GOD. That is the single kewlest Shao Kahn EVER.

The World Warrior
Okay, so granted I haven't watched this show in over a decade, this is pretty cheesy from what I remember. But in a tolerable way. Regardless, I'll finish what's remaining.