Do you think Crisis Core has the saddest ending of all Final Fantasy games?

Final Fantasy in general has some heartbreaking moments, but I honestly think that crisis core's ending is the saddest of them all. Fighting all those soldiers, seeing Zack slowly die and his memories fading away.. That's heartbreaking. Another sad moment is Final Fantasy X ending, but for me it didn't top crisis core's ending.

Administrator
Staff member
It's pretty heartbreaking. FFX has a whole game after that gives you a happy ending if you go for a perfect game. You're playing Crisis Core probably having played FF7 and knowing that this is it for Zack's character. I really hope they re-release this game to the current gen systems at some point.

The ending of this game is very sad but interesting.This game has very nice ending than any other games.The ending of this forces you to play it for many times.Some game players like me love to play game after finishing it completely.

Well, as much as Tidus saying goodbye was a big moment for me in my childhood, nothing really beats the whole epicness of Zack protecting Cloud. Imagine how many bullets he tanked on that final fight. And the whole slowness of that portion really made it so sad, even the slots stopped showing faces.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Final Fantasy in general has some heartbreaking moments, but I honestly think that crisis core's ending is the saddest of them all. Fighting all those soldiers, seeing Zack slowly die and his memories fading away.. That's heartbreaking. Another sad moment is Final Fantasy X ending, but for me it didn't top crisis core's ending.

As much as the game Crisis Core is very interesting and the valor showed in the fight by Zack, his death was really heart breaking for me personally. It was hard for me to easily take in. I was thinking maybe he had to go into coma and not just dead, and in such a way make room for his comeback in a new version of Crisis Core. What do you think?

I have read reviews and everyone says crisis core is the saddest FF game. I also think it captured the emotional aspect of a game and any player who feels hurt is evidence that players have put their whole heart and mind into the game.

As much as the game Crisis Core is very interesting and the valor showed in the fight by Zack, his death was really heart breaking for me personally. It was hard for me to easily take in. I was thinking maybe he had to go into coma and not just dead, and in such a way make room for his comeback in a new version of Crisis Core. What do you think?

I also think your suggestion is good. Everyone expects to enjoy the game and the sad part comes as a shock. If he went into comma, I think the game won't hold a deep meaning or attachment to players as it is now.

The death of Zach paints a painful picture on the face of Crisis Core. It is a very painful ending. But the rest of the game is very interesting without any serious heartbreaking experience.

Well, as much as Tidus saying goodbye was a big moment for me in my childhood, nothing really beats the whole epicness of Zack protecting Cloud. Imagine how many bullets he tanked on that final fight. And the whole slowness of that portion really made it so sad, even the slots stopped showing faces.
That's why I always thought crisis core's ending was superior to final fantasy X ending. If we want to take into consideration final Fantasy X-2, tidus comes back in the perfect ending so the sadness really isn't the same. The DWM system slowing down with the sad music and hearing Aerith saying "will I see you again" while he's lying down on the ground full of bullets is just.. Sad. And the scene with cloud? Nothing tops that.

It is indeed heart breaking. And not only that if you play from the start in the hope of reaching ending. And seeing this to happen. I think it kind of hit the nerves. And though it feels good to play the game. I'd say on that note it does sometimes hit me why FF has some of such sentimental areas. I like it though. Not going to deny. It kind of makes us feel human.

When I played this mission for the first time I thought that if I tried hard enough I could change the ending. I knew Zack was going to die because one of my friends had played it before and I thought I was ready to accept Zack's fate but turns out he had grown on me.I couldn't accept that I played him so many times just to watch him die. Watching Cloud cry out and remember all the good times he had with Zack only made the brutal scene even worse. I have never tried so hard to change a video game outcome. This was the saddest I have ever been from playing a game. To be honest I never thought I'd have the strength to continue with the rest of the series.