General Discussion Do You Still Get Pumped For Christmas?

I have been an adult, or what is considered to be an adult for quite some years now lol. I was told by my mother when I was little and bouncing off of the walls over it being Christmas the next day, that when I reached adulthood, I would not really get so excited.

Of course I thought that she was raving mad when she told me that, and I knew within myself that I would ALWAYS love Christmas and the excitement that came with it.

Fast forward to present day and I really could not give two hoots about Christmas lol. I only enjoy the food and the fact that nobody is paying attention ton me at the time because they are all focused on their presents and whatnot.

So the answer to my own question is a negative; I don't still get excited for Christmas as an adult. How about you?

Me neither, I don't like it at all. I don't like many people together, I don't like buying things, I don't like receiving things I don't need so, I don't like anything! :mad: I guess I sound like Grinch... :D

Oh I LOVE Christmas time! I love buying presents, making presents. I love to cook all the holiday foods. My house is always decorated, and we listen to Christmas music in the car! I love getting my kids all excited for the holiday!

I'm not a christian person, so maybe that plays a big role in the fact I don't feel excited about christmas :p I get kinda excited with the fact christmas means days off :) I also love checking the decorations, they look so beautiful during winter. We've our own celebrations tho :) They're very good as well, they happen during winter time, the date changes each year tho...

I'm happy 'cause of the time off. But that's about it nowadays... I love the food as well. It was the complete opposite when I was little, I loved Christmas up until I was about 14. Maybe if there was one year without Christmas, we'd be excited again the year after!

Me neither, I don't like it at all. I don't like many people together, I don't like buying things, I don't like receiving things I don't need so, I don't like anything! :mad: I guess I sound like Grinch... :D

Because I completely understand where you are coming from, I don't think that you are like the Grinch. I just don't like all of the fuss sometimes, or rather I am not in the mood for all of the fuss. It is nice for someone to have thought about me and then purchased me something. That is sweet, but most of the time get things that I do not need. Sometimes I do though, but then I feel guilty because I haven't gotten that person anything in return. I never have any money, and I also HATE shopping, so even if I had money, I would still probably refrain from going shopping lol, Especially around Christmas time when there are so many people in town and everywhere you turn you can se the nose hair in someone's nose.

We usually gather at my grandmothers, some people I just see once a year in Christmas, it is a really small house and it is not very comfortable spending a few hours there small talking...

That's really good when family come round. But i'm only in touch with my direct family, but i've never known anyone else in my family outside of that. Maybe that's why Christmas isn't as special as it could be for me anyway.

sos

I also do not get really excited over the holiday. I think it's because rewards that were once associated with the holiday fade away as you grow up. I often see kids getting so excited and just reminisce about those days.

These kind of "special" days is not a part of my life anymore. If you want some day to be special then make it special.