Tech Do you prefer taking pictures using your smartphone?

I have seen a lot of people take photos using their smartphones. Real cameras have become less popular for some people unless those who consider picture-taking is a professional field and take it very seriously. Do you prefer taking pictures using your smartphone over the real camera?

No, not at all. In fact I almost never do it. I hate at how unresponsive the camera is on my phone. Plus the image quality is not that great unless I'm shooting in deal lighting situations. It's too hard to shoot on a touch screen in bad weather or when your fingers are damp or sweaty. Plus cell phone cameras have weak flashes and practically no manual controls.

The only one I would remotely consider using more as a camera is that new Nokia phone with the huge sensor.

I really don't. My phone has an 8 megapix camera but the my pictures always have an element of blurriness unless taken up close. Don't even get me started on the flash settings. My phones the Samsung Galaxy SII and I wonder if anyone else has this problem.

Hahahahah yes I do! It's so much easier than having to carry a camera around. Pretty convenient too, because I can straight away upload them onto social media or send them to my friends which I can't do on a camera.

I rarely ever take pictures, but here in NYC, you rarely ever see tourists take pictures with their phone. Chances are that they have a camera that takes quality pictures. There is a big difference, especially when you have the ability to play around with different lens to improve your photography experience.

I do, because it's more convenient than carrying a camera around. I am thinking about getting a proper camera soon, but I would still not take that everywhere with me!

Let's go on sharing God's given talents!
I'm using my phone camera rather than a digital one. I'm using an iPhone 3G and the picture quality is very good. However, if given a chance, I'll still go for and DSLR. I learned how to use it in our journalism class and I was fascinated with how the controls could give me my desired output. But, as photo journalists say, when we talk about the quality of the beauty of the picture that we get, the camera is not a great factor. Rather, it's the eye of the one taking it. The one who has an eye for a great shot in the right time captures a precious and beautiful picture.

I have seen a lot of people take photos using their smartphones. Real cameras have become less popular for some people unless those who consider picture-taking is a professional field and take it very seriously. Do you prefer taking pictures using your smartphone over the real camera?
I like to take pictures with my smartphone but my Wife hates taking picture with hers. For some reason her pictures come out blurry most of the time and mine come out fine, and we both have the same phone.

It's been a year since this thread started, but it seems like a timeless thread, so I'll post this here anyway :p I preffer to take the pictures with my smartphone, because I always have it around me. I don't carry the camera with me all the time and when I'm traveling the camera seems just like some extra weight. The phone makes good pictures, so there is really no need of an extra camera.

I generally do not like taking serious pictures with my phone, but I recently purchased an app called camera Fv-5 that mimics the functionality of a DSLR. I have noticed a significant improvement in the sharpness and color of my images, it lets me adjust the iso to let in more light.

I normally like use my smart camera, I just use the NFC to transfer photos from the camera to my phone and then to Facebook or wherever from there. You get much better quality from a handheld camera so it's worth the extra step.