To be honest, I prefered FF3. Maybe because I felt sentimental about it or I just missed the poor 3D presented in it. But still, FF5 had a few things I enjoed.
Firstly, I had symathy for some characters, mostly Galuf and Reina.
Secondly, I enjoyed the story, especially the moment when Reina tells Faris that she knows they are sisters. I don't even know why, but this scene got right into my head and I remember it until now.
The last thing would be that I played with my older brother so it brings some good memories back.
But, as I said, I definietly preferd Final Fantasy 3

To be honest, I prefered FF3. Maybe because I felt sentimental about it or I just missed the poor 3D presented in it. But still, FF5 had a few things I enjoed.
Firstly, I had symathy for some characters, mostly Galuf and Reina.
Secondly, I enjoyed the story, especially the moment when Reina tells Faris that she knows they are sisters. I don't even know why, but this scene got right into my head and I remember it until now.
The last thing would be that I played with my older brother so it brings some good memories back.
But, as I said, I definietly preferd Final Fantasy 3
I agree FF3 was amazing

During the course of summer I was looking for a good rpg game to play, and the final fantasy franchise came into mind. I was trying ff1 and so on, then at last I stumbled into ff5. And then I decided to play and check out the storyline of the game. I was quite impressed because it reminded me of another nostalgic game that I used to play,Chrono Trigger. I especially found Galuf really gullible, like a grandfather that I never had, constantly reminding his party mates of things that were obvious. But his caring nature always touched my heart. He along with Cloud of ff7 will be the characters which will remind me of how good the Final Fantasy franchise has changed the world forever.

FFV was a big letdown for me too. I own both the Anthology and the Advance version (the Advance version is a million times more superior), so I'm well-versed in the game, and I have played all the games in the main series besides XI. II ranks at the bottom for me, but this one lingers in the bottom 3 or 4.

As much as Final Fantasy games early on were not about graphics, this one was still a severe letdown. I agree that the monster design was uninspired and the choice of colors and designs were questionable. The bright pinks, greens, and purples seemed completely inappropriate and rather annoying in the game. The story was dreadful - you get no sense of urgency to kill Exdeath, nor any conviction to hate his character until the death of Galuf. Even then, the game has little motivating you to beat it. The characters are bland and often annoying.

I do appreciate the lightheartedness once in a while in the game, but otherwise it is a severe letdown between IV and VI. It feels like they took a step backward, then took 5 steps forward for VI. The game should have been much more than it was.

That said, <3 the job system.

I loved the way played can swap their careers at any time, this kind of character customization makes entering combat much more interesting...especially since some monster will kick the hell out of your party if you're packing the wrong abilities.

FFV was a big letdown for me too. I own both the Anthology and the Advance version (the Advance version is a million times more superior), so I'm well-versed in the game, and I have played all the games in the main series besides XI. II ranks at the bottom for me, but this one lingers in the bottom 3 or 4.

As much as Final Fantasy games early on were not about graphics, this one was still a severe letdown. I agree that the monster design was uninspired and the choice of colors and designs were questionable. The bright pinks, greens, and purples seemed completely inappropriate and rather annoying in the game. The story was dreadful - you get no sense of urgency to kill Exdeath, nor any conviction to hate his character until the death of Galuf. Even then, the game has little motivating you to beat it. The characters are bland and often annoying.

I do appreciate the lightheartedness once in a while in the game, but otherwise it is a severe letdown between IV and VI. It feels like they took a step backward, then took 5 steps forward for VI. The game should have been much more than it was.

That said, <3 the job system.
I really enjoyed playing FF5. As you have said, for FF5 and its predecessors, it was not all about the graphics. I actually happened to love the colors and the RPG based system. The plot was a little under the weather, to say the least, but compared to earlier versions, the gameplay was superb. The monsters were not so badly designed either. I loved Karlabos and the goblins. Chocobo is also quite interesting. Butz is a contradictory character in my opinion. He saves princess Leena countless times but proves his fear of heights when they heal the wounded dragon and travel to the kingdom of Worus. Anyway, point is, FF5 was awesome.

Administrator
Staff member
My Username speaks for it self. 5 is a very underrated Gem and it has a cast you won't usually see on a JRPG.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
My Username speaks for it self. 5 is a very underrated Gem and it has a cast you won't usually see on a JRPG.

I really made a mistake of not registering my account with my favorite character in Final Fantasy who happened to be Noctis. If I had the opportunity to rename my account, I would do it in a heartbeat :).

Administrator
Staff member
I really made a mistake of not registering my account with my favorite character in Final Fantasy who happened to be Noctis. If I had the opportunity to rename my account, I would do it in a heartbeat :).
You can PM Harleyquinn for it.