All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
Does my current job suck? Not really.

Cleaning up is not a sucky job.... And you have "hot" chicks around you... :laugh: :thumbs: Just don't spend your money away and you'll be fine. :buttrock:

Banned
In most cases a job isn't something you are going to enjoy all the time. If you have time to ***** and whine about the job you are doing, go back to college and learn to do something else. The grown up world is a bit different than people want it to be. We have to work. We have to make money to live. Bitching about your job is a waste of time IMO.

Mad Skillz
So should people just hold everything in and never talk about anything that bothers them? It's cathartic to let steam off about bad situations every once in a while. Of course people won't always like their situations, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to let off steam if it's something that really bothers them. Some people are forced into negative situations, others might have made bad mistakes when they could have used guidance, there's a whole ton of reasons people might not like their current situations and being able to just get out all the "eff you"'s about it helps some people.

If you have time to ***** and whine about the job you are doing, go back to college and learn to do something else.
Making a quick post > few minutes, going back to college > two to four years + expenses when a lot of people probably need all they money they have for bills and whatnot. Now, yeah, college is great and all, but it's something that's difficult for a lot of people to really keep up with depending on their lives. (more than half of one of my classes dropped because they couldn't balance full time work and a course load that would allow them to graduate in a decent frame of time)

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
You have a point there KR. The OP did say that the job that he got was something born out of necessity. I used to have a high paying job, but it was taking a toll on my health. I'm happy and blessed that I was able to get what I have now. I think it good that people can vent stuff out and maybe eventually realize that what they have is good (at least for the time being). It might drive them to strive better and hopefully land a better job that'll make them happy. :thumbs:

Banned
So should people just hold everything in and never talk about anything that bothers them? It's cathartic to let steam off about bad situations every once in a while. Of course people won't always like their situations, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to let off steam if it's something that really bothers them. Some people are forced into negative situations, others might have made bad mistakes when they could have used guidance, there's a whole ton of reasons people might not like their current situations and being able to just get out all the "eff you"'s about it helps some people.

Making a quick post > few minutes, going back to college > two to four years + expenses when a lot of people probably need all they money they have for bills and whatnot.

If a person hates their job that much, they should really do something else. Having that much hate for what you do will bring stress down on a person. That leads to sickness and other health issues. And yes, I think bitching about your job is a waste of time.

You have a point there KR. The OP did say that the job that he got was something born out of necessity. I used to have a high paying job, but it was taking a toll on my health. I'm happy and blessed that I was able to get what I have now. I think it good that people can vent stuff out and maybe eventually realize that what they have is good (at least for the time being). It might drive them to strive better and hopefully land a better job that'll make them happy. :thumbs:

Very well said. I agree with your points.

So like.. basically tell us what job you do, why you hate it (or why you like it if you want), and tell us what job you'd rather do instead. Simple as that.

Me?

I work at a supermarket. I work 3 days a week from 12 til 5 PM, and I do stock replenishment. The job is boring. Basically I'm moving the products around the shelves, sometimes filling them up with the new products.

I feel like a nobody doing this job because what I really wanted was to be was a famous artist. I used to do an Intermediate Art and Design course at College, I wanted to do an Advanced Art and Desing course but I couldn't. So I moved onto a Sign Making course, which got me nowhere career wise and now I'm working at this fucking supermarket. My dreams of being an artist could be smashed forever.

The only way I could possibly get fame as an artist is through YouTube but you only get fame on YouTube by luck. Just like how this Boxxy girl did, and she's just some girl who talks a load of bullshit. Why do so many people give a damn about her?

Apart from that, a lot of the people who work here are horrible and nasty.

So yeah, that's my rant done, now it's your turn.

Here's your problem. You need to get yourself exposure in your spare time. Try Facebook, DeviantArt and Twitter in a combination to advertise your artistic skills . Also, be glad you have a job as there are many people out there who'd take your place just so they could feed themselves and their families. They are a rare lot to be had at these times unless you have those connections .

Sure you might feel like a nobody doing this job , but look at the moneyflow. If it gives you some money , then by all means save a certain percentage of it aside for any ventures you want to do . With how you can make money off of prints of any of your artwork on DeviantArt ,as long as its yours , you could get some spare cash from there. Facebook and Twitter are your friends in this endeavor,so to spread the word on your talents, make sure to also put up links to your art and post about it.

Finally Youtube is another great tool for advertisement. Look at Freddie Wong , he started humbly . It all starts at one post , one view and it goes vrial as crap. Just post a video that showcases your talents in whatever you do (If you're into filmmaking or SFX) and be patient.

Many artists struggle with this sort of thing ,but in our generation its easier to make a quick buck , get noticed and even more than it was 20 years ago. Just keep on practicing and never give up. You'd be surprised at how many artists started in positions like yours.

I did have a job last summer , but although I found it boring, it was a great way to meet some new people and be more involved in the community, plus the money was decent. I basically did it to add to my resume and to get some spare bucks to put in my account. Can't exactly complain about that , you know.

KR, I agree with you . Jobs, even when they are something you love , sometimes stress you out and make you crabby. But ,if you are willing to sacrifice pay for happiness , then by all means do it; you'll just commit financial seppuku and thats not a good thing. You might not like your job, but cherish it nonetheless . There are unfortunate people who've lost their jobs and way of life. And if you need to change jobs ,SUBMIT to every possible place you know of and keep your options open.

Last edited:
(っ・ω・)っ
The only way I could possibly get fame as an artist is through YouTube but you only get fame on YouTube by luck. Just like how this Boxxy girl did, and she's just some girl who talks a load of bullshit. Why do so many people give a damn about her?

You're wrong. And you shouldn't be dreaming for fame; you should FIRST be dreaming for a stable job that you enjoy.. and if that's art, then you have to realize that it takes more than posting a few things on youtube to be recognized as an artist. As an artist you need to freelance, have a blog, make connections, do comics, get publicity! You need hard work. You need to keep at it. You don't give up and say "Oh well because school didn't work out it means my career choice is impossible." Most redeemed artists in the generation prior didn't even go to post-secondary.

:/ Stop giving up and settling. Take action.

Bandito Shake Cometh
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cPcdQV5SIM"]YouTube - Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Kim Pine shoot me.avi[/ame]

retail
hate yes
reasons
1 the people though I love most of my regulars we get a lot of idiots in as well you know who you are!!
2 my boss is a spazzy ass ***** <-- main reason

people are idiots & assholes no matter where you go but having one as your boss is a pain in the ass