I don't have low self esteem.
So like.. basically tell us what job you do, why you hate it (or why you like it if you want), and tell us what job you'd rather do instead. Simple as that.

Me?

I work at a supermarket. I work 3 days a week from 12 til 5 PM, and I do stock replenishment. The job is boring. Basically I'm moving the products around the shelves, sometimes filling them up with the new products.

I feel like a nobody doing this job because what I really wanted was to be was a famous artist. I used to do an Intermediate Art and Design course at College, I wanted to do an Advanced Art and Desing course but I couldn't. So I moved onto a Sign Making course, which got me nowhere career wise and now I'm working at this fucking supermarket. My dreams of being an artist could be smashed forever.

The only way I could possibly get fame as an artist is through YouTube but you only get fame on YouTube by luck. Just like how this Boxxy girl did, and she's just some girl who talks a load of bullshit. Why do so many people give a damn about her?

Apart from that, a lot of the people who work here are horrible and nasty.

So yeah, that's my rant done, now it's your turn.

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
This is going to be long...but oh yeah. Time to get my bitching on. :buttrock:

But firstly, I hope things do work out for you, RX. Just don't give up on your dreams and think you're going to be stuck doing something you dislike forever.

I was unemployed for months and months after graduating with a B.S. in history. Finally, I landed a job at a community college library. Initially, I was really excited because I had worked in my uni's library ,and I thoroughly enjoy being in a library setting and working with books. My history background is also nice for a library setting because I'm familiar with databases and tracking down sources.

Then I started working here. I do basically NO library work whatsoever. My job consists of wiping the asses of inept students in the computer lab, which I had not expected at all. The ineptitude of the students here is staggering. Night after night I have to deal with people who cannot even use a mouse (no exaggeration) and have actually signed up for internet classes. The students honestly cannot do anything on their own. I also work at night which sucks because the damn scheduling here only has two people working those hours (also stupid as those are some of the busiest times).

And beyond the general stupidity I live with on a daily basis, I have some of the worst co-workers you can imagine. They basically make their own schedules, come when they want, leave when they want, but I'm stuck with hours that are set in stone and cannot deviate from that schedule. What's worse? The administration hired a SIXTY year old man to work with me at night. How much do you suppose he knows about computers? Zip. Nadda. Nothing.

So where I thought I would be doing something related to my degree such as helping to catalog books, processing acquisitions, giving library orientations and doing library-related work (all of which were mentioned during my interview), I'm listening to people ***** me out because they did not print something right and don't want to pay ten cents for the page they fucked up because print preview is beyond their comprehension.

The job does have some times where I'm not busy at all, but then I'm just bored out of my mind then. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much, but I just want to put my education to use and find a job better suited for me.

I could keep on ranting, but you've probably stopped reading by now anyway. :p

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I have two part-time jobs: School crossing patrol twice a day (yes ...) And I do 20 hours a week as a night receptionist. I'm also training as a medical secretary at the moment so that's what I'll be doing later. I think my jobs are OK apart from the obvious risk of being run over ... However, most of my previous employments (which have included factory work, call centre work, shop work, office work, cleaning, working in a postal sorting room, and more) were ****

I hate my job with passion. I'm a bilingual receptionist. I end up doing secretary work for the directors of my company because their secretary doesn't speak English. And then I do a lot of administrative work like take care of some bills such as cabs and other things. And I'm also responsible for sending important documents around so I have to keep track of them.

What makes me stand my job is the fact I can use my English skills. It is not my first language obviously but I get a kick out of speaking on the phone with international clients. I do translations of marketing research questionnaires and also emails.

I have been on this job for 2 years. I'm hoping to soon start working with tourism since my Japanese these days is reasonable or be a full time translator. I hate offices, I can't stand paper work...

Just for the kicks: work hours are from 9 AM to 6 PM. One hour for lunch.
Monday thru Friday.

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
With all the economic issues surrounding the US and around the world. I'm happy that I, at least, have a job. What's my job? I just clean up stuff. :thumbs:

Banned
Would i like an Easier, higher paying job that i can boast about having? Hell yes
Does my current job suck? Not really.

I'm essentially a Janitor at a High School (The one i went to no less). The job's alright other than occasionally having to take the verbal abuse of spoiled rich kids who think i am their personal butler and getting my hours slashed from Full-time to part time levels.

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
What's my job? I just clean up stuff. :thumbs:
I understand. :thumbs:

up-leon_the_professional.jpg