Do you believe Decade can beat ALL the other Riders? And SHOULD he be able to?

A simple passerby...
Should he have the power to defeat all? I don't know, if he wants to have that kind of power, then let him have it. Should he HOWEVER, use it to indeed destroy them?

I don't get it, what is it with naming him a Kamen Rider at all, when Kamen Riders are supposed to be helping each other. I mean, Kamen Riders exists to defeat evil, EVEN IF he was created as Dai Shocker's trump card, he's STILL a Rider. He's not Shadowmoon, who may be as Rider-like as he want to be, but at the end of the day, those who are called Kamen Riders are supposed to be using their power to fight evil, not kick each other's asses cause of their own personal band boy breaking up problems.

I actually think that Decade's origin in All Rider and his actions in Movie War do work together...providing that you do a bit of fanwanking first. Tsukasa was originally set up by DaiShocker as their Great Leader (whether or not it was just a figure-head position is up for debate), however, when he was sent on his mission to destroy all of the Riders of the multiverse, he lost his memory. The original, canonical riders (Wataru and co.), knowing what DaiShocker was up to, decided to use their plan against him, and send Tsukasa out to destroy the AU Riders, with the twist that he would use his ability to contain their essence in cards as a method of permanently protecting them from DaiShocker and the colliding worlds. Tsukasa doesn't really understand what his mission is until the very end of the series, however, leading to the Rider War. DaiShocker first tried to use Tsukasa to destroy the riders in the tournament in All Rider, but Narutaki was the backup plan: he was sent around the multiverse to try and spread fear and mistrust towards Decade, so that the AU Riders would antagonize him to the point where he has no choice but to destroy them. Kivala was sent to transform Natsumi to ensure that Decade wouldn't survive his mission, on the chance that he decided to turn on DaiShocker as well.

Also, I think the metafictional elements of Movie War work really well, actually. It's basically a proof of concept for the series as a whole, basically stating, "Look, we reintroduced the Riders of the past to a whole new generation. We've reignited interest in characters such as Kuuga in children who may have been born after the fact." They're proud of the fact that they created that vehicle to help the past of the franchise live on, and I don't blame them.

Also, I LOVE the metafictional commentary they had there for Tackle. It was essentially acknowledging the fact that she totally got fridged in Stronger. That's fairly ballsy.

Mr. Kamen Rider
m121akuma said:
Also, I LOVE the metafictional commentary they had there for Tackle. It was essentially acknowledging the fact that she totally got fridged in Stronger. That's fairly ballsy.

I found it mostly just came across as a lame retread- like all anybody ever remembers Tackle for is dying, so of course she has to die again! Which is a shame, because there's more to the character than that. And as I've said before, her death in Stronger deserves more analysis than to be written off as the start of a dumb trend because writers are unable to properly handle female characters that aren't set dressing. It's a much more heroic and poignant end than the victimization of someone like Femme (who basically dies to show how badass Ryuga is.)

The saving grace is that Alice at least puts enthusiasm into a pretty thankless role. I like the new Tackle, but the writing doesn't do her any favors. Hell they can't even let her actually kill Hachi-Onna, who instead gets a really stupid death.

IMHO, really ballsy commentary on Tackle would be to outright acknowledge the inherent stupidity in not counting her as a Rider (though this is an opinion that seems to be changing, from a merchandise standpoint anyway. And that's a good thing.)

Last edited:
Eye See You
Bottom Line: Yes, Decade could beat the other Heisei Riders. That was the entire point of Kamen Rider Decade.

Does he keep the full Rider deck from the end of Movie 2010? Then yes.

Who he can beat if purely an extension of the writing, but from a logical standpoint, it would only be a matter of having the correct counter-card. And assuming that the creation of new Riders creates new cards for the deck, Decade will only grow more stronger and versatile as he continues to exist.

As to 'should'? Who cares? His existence doesn't diminish any of the previous shows in any way.

Last edited:
Ore, Sanjou!
Does he keep the full Rider deck from the end of Movie 2010? Then yes.

Who he can beat if purely an extension of the writing, but from a logical standpoint, it would only be a matter of having the correct counter-card. And assuming that the creation of new Riders creates new cards for the deck, Decade will only grow more stronger and versatile as he continues to exist.

As to 'should'? Who cares? His existence doesn't diminish any of the previous shows in any way.

well, as shown in Movie Taisen 2010, Decade had both a FFR card for Double and a KamenRide Card for Skull, the latter of which will eventually be used by DiEnd Complete Form, as I mentioned in my earlier post. so yeah, the library of Kamen Rider Cards does seem to be continuously expanding

Webslinger
At OP question, it looks like he can beat all the riders heck Decade can do anything but I think it's just wrong. All riders should have an equal shot at defeating each other.

what I don't believe is why the one who claims the strongest Rider has a crappy suit designer?:) but, I like the main character cocky-self confident style, though.

Last edited:
Decade was designed to destroy the Riders, so what better way than to use their own powers against them. As well as have some power over them. But nobody should have too much power, either good or bad. Which is why Diend was made, to ensure that Decade wasn't too overpowered.

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
Do you think Decade can really beat the Heisei Riders? And not just one on one. The opening saw him wipe out ALL the other Riders, simultaneously.

...Should he able to do that? Is he REALLY on that level?

Well the movies lead us to believe that Decade has power equivilent to that of a God, which may or may not be it's underlying message that Decade is the begining and the end since in episode 1 he literally rose from the ashes

Religious connotations aside, no, not all of them

Some of them, like Amazon and Black should have been able to put up a better fight than they did. Especialy Amazon, he friggin' bites people to death and cuts them to shreds until they bleed