I did a search for Bioman on [ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Bioman]Amazon[/ame] and found that, apparently, there are two "partie" sets of 4 discs each but also a "collector edition" of 9 discs. Assume the latter is the whole series in one go.

I know there won't be English subtitles, but does it use the original Japanese masters for video and feature a Japanese audio track? In other words is this a good alternative for people who can't afford the Japan R2s?

Any other Sentai or Metal Heroes that are available cheaper in other countries but are just as good as the Japan R2s but without being bootlegs or rips? (I know Juspion got released in Brazil or something...)

Thanks in advance.

I don't have low self esteem.
I THINK there are 2 versions of the French Bioman DVDs. One offers only French audio while the other offers French AND Japanese audio. Unfortunately I cannot comment on it quality wise because I don't own any French DVDs of Bioman.

I think Gavan (which was called X-OR in France) got a DVD release in France and so did Sharivan but I don't know if they have optional Japanese audio. France had an impressive amount of Tokusatsu. Germany only had Winspector (which unfortunately still hasn't been released on DVD over there) and in my country the UK we only got Cutie Honey and that's it. In the US you can get Cutie Honey, Ultraman, Ultra Q, Ultraseven, Ultraman Tiga, Kamen Rider: The First, and comming soon: ZyuRanger. In Hawaii you can get Kamen Rider V3, Kikaida, Kikaida 01 and Inazuman.

I think Brazil got quite a few Tokusatsu shows released on DVD. To my knowledge they got Juspion, I think Spielban, Winspector and Changeman. Unfortunately I don't know where to buy Brazilian import Tokusatsu DVDs.

There are plenty of Tokusatsu shows that got released in countries like Thailand, Hong Kong and Taiwan at a much cheaper price, but only SOME of them have optional Japanese audio. Some of them are only available with their designated audio. Some are released on DVD and some are released on VCDs which offer inferior quality and sometimes non removable subtitles.

Check out ethaicd.com and yesasia.com

The Brazilan Toku and Sentai sets are ripped from Japanese digital cable and even have the station I.D. Present on them. I have all Brazilian toku sets released and the only one that isn't a digital cable rip is Fuun Lion Maru- that one is a direct rip of the R2 Japanese set, menus and all. They all include Japanese and Portuguese audio. All are unlicensed bootlegs.

The French Toku and Sentai sets only have French audio. I have Bioman, X-Or, and Jaspion, they are all French dub only. They are remastered and great quality.

Lurker
I can't really say about the french Bioman DVDs as I'm not french or in France, but it seems that has been covered. In Brazil we got plenty of stuff released oficially, such as Changeman, Flashman, Juspion, Jiban, Jiraiya, and National Kid (not sure if anyone knows this one but ok). Jiraiya and Juspion have two versions, the first of which is crap, but the second is pretty good. To my knowledge, the other series got only one release of each. Not sure if any stores ship to the USA, but I'll look around and update here if I find any.

Not sure about that. However, you can also find them on Amazon. I've found those DVDs thrre first, before checking that site.

I was looking into them. Amazon.FR does have a few stores that sell overseas, so that is a major factor in your favor.