I've been downloading all these years because my country stopped selling HK bootlegs for Sentai. Japanese DVDs are expensive because of the crystal clear video quality, which is actually quite worth it for some people. I've bought the official Toei DVDs for Go-onger and in my currency, I think I've spent approximately around RM3000+ for the entire series. I'm surprised my dad hasn't killed me yet for that.

now Nerd Emperor
I used to buy them back in 2006 or so from a local Chinese DVD shop but stopped. I decided to download everything and also got rid of all my toku DVDs except for only a few favorites I want to keep. Traded them all away in a deal for some DX sentai mechas instead, which I know for sure will not go "obsolete" like DVDs will some day.

I don't have low self esteem.
I've been downloading all these years because my country stopped selling HK bootlegs for Sentai. Japanese DVDs are expensive because of the crystal clear video quality, which is actually quite worth it for some people. I've bought the official Toei DVDs for Go-onger and in my currency, I think I've spent approximately around RM3000+ for the entire series. I'm surprised my dad hasn't killed me yet for that.

I don't that's true because Toei don't improve the quality of their old shows. They just released it in the same quality as they did when it was broadcast on TV.

the subs in the video you linked us is actually better of the HK subs. You will eat your own eyeballs if you watch some of the ultraman HK subs.

Super Kamen Sentai Rider
I don't that's true because Toei don't improve the quality of their old shows. They just released it in the same quality as they did when it was broadcast on TV.

That's not true. They don't make HD masters (yet, Blu-Ray coming out soon for the movies), but if you look at something like a VHS tape, or an original TV rip...it looks better on the DVD :thumbs:

I watched Kamen Rider Faiz sourced from Japanese R2's, and the subs weren't bad and it was pretty normal. I guess thats rare though.

No, I compared it to the episode summaries on wikipedia and from what I watched they were the same as the sumaries.