Compare your gaming skills now and when you were still very young. At which age do you master a new game faster?

With age we get slow with physical movements. So brain may get active and quick. But the physical movement becomes slow. So no. That's not true. Though you can surely do things quicker but gaming being physical activity it can be harder to work around as we age.

With age we get slow with physical movements. So brain may get active and quick. But the physical movement becomes slow. So no. That's not true. Though you can surely do things quicker but gaming being physical activity it can be harder to work around as we age.

Actually, with age the brain becomes slower and sluggish just like physical movements. The human brain/body are at their peak up until the age of 25. After this we slowly decline. That's why we have to train our body and mind to stay in top shape as long as we can.

On the topic, I'd say I was best at mastering new games when I was 16-17. Now it takes more time and effort to learn a new game, but I am calmer. When I was younger I would easily get frustrated if I lose a game/battle.

To be perfectly honest, I would say that there are very few games that require any real skill. But, like @chikatilo said, your gaming abilities can only get worse after you pass a certain age.

I can tell you for sure that gaming skills get worse with age. When I was younger I was in a COD clan and I would be in the top 3 in the room every single match and most of the time I was number1. And today I am lucky if I am not the worst person in the room lol.

Actually, with age the brain becomes slower and sluggish just like physical movements. The human brain/body are at their peak up until the age of 25. After this we slowly decline. That's why we have to train our body and mind to stay in top shape as long as we can.
I don't know if that were to be true. I find myself more wise and less dumb that my 25 year old self. I'd say I think lot better and to the point. And it gives me lot better hope in such case. I'd say on that note that observation of 25 and decline after is definitely not true.

I don't know if that were to be true. I find myself more wise and less dumb that my 25 year old self. I'd say I think lot better and to the point. And it gives me lot better hope in such case. I'd say on that note that observation of 25 and decline after is definitely not true.

Well, you can research the topic and you'll see for yourself that after the age of 25 physical and mental performance start to decline. That's the sole reason why people go to school and college before this age, when they are younger, so that they learn as much as they can, while their brain activity is at its peak. With age a person can become wiser, more experienced and calmer which would definitely add up to their intellect, but their mind speed gets more sluggish - science have proved this over and over again. It's slow and subtle process, one may not notice it instantly. It also depends on one's genes, stress levels, levels of exercise and nutrition how fast would this decline happen. Why do you think people get dementia and Alzheimer's when they become old?

Practice makes perfect, so instead of an age when I am better, I think it's a certain time when I am dedicating more hours to it. I mean, if I start playing less, it's like I lose my practice.

Practice makes perfect, so instead of an age when I am better, I think it's a certain time when I am dedicating more hours to it. I mean, if I start playing less, it's like I lose my practice.

I agree. Practice does make us play better. It's about experience too, not only about how fast your brain works. That's why a gamer keeps getting better and winning battles more easily with time. It's just like speaking a foreign language - when you practice more, you become more and more fluent, when you don't, you start forgetting words and it gets harder to express yourself.

Pretty much. We simply get the skills that enable us to play better. Sure, we also get our game stronger with power ups and such, but even when starting a new game, the skills are there.