Formally known as Bennu
Welcome to the discussion thread for Ultraman Z, Episode 25; "Warriors Shining Beyond"

This Week: In the face of a brutal assault by the formidable Destrudos, Haruki and Ultraman Z are gravely injured. Meanwhile, STORAGE attempts a desperate, all-out attack in order to rescue Yoko, who has fallen into the enemy’s clutches!

maxresdefault (8).jpg
ulz.jpg

"Let's chant his name one last time!"​

Remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.
HOWEVER! This is not the place to discuss future episodes. You may discuss previous episodes, next-episode previews and related subjects, but stick to the episode at hand. Please be considerate of those who haven't watched ahead yet. Thank you

Formally known as Bennu
This show was hell of a ride, I really liked the characters and the story though the finale felt a bit rushed due the overuse of clip show episodes hurt the show quite a bit, likely due to the effects of the pandemic but overall still a good addition to the Ultra franchise.

tbh I don't think there are fewer episodes due to the clip show episodes; It's simply that they came out later. And given that Ultra series in recent years have always finished around the end of December, I presume they knew how many they were going to add when they fixed the start date.

I agree that there were some bits that I felt could have been given a little more time, but overall I enjoyed it. As I said last week, overall this was probably the best season since Mebius IMO.

Also, it was very nice to see the "in memory of" credit for the original head writer who sadly and suddenly passed away back in May.

Last edited:
Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Very good finale! As always Tsubaraya delivers! Time to rank it with the rest of the franchise.

Taiga > Dyna > Gaia > Nexus > Geed > Jack > Z > Mebius > Joneus > Ginga S > Tiga > Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle: Never Ending Odyssey > Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle > R/B > Powered > 80 > Ultraman > Max > Leo > Great > Neos > Taro > Origin Saga > Ace > Ultra Seven > Orb > Cosmos > Neo Ultra Q > X > USA > Ginga > Ultra Seven X > Ultra Q > Dark Fantasy > Ultra Fight Victory > Ultra Zero Fight > Nice

Now I wait for Ultraman Z to appear in Super Robot Wars because it qualifies at this point. This series and Keroro Gunsou really helped me survived a deep rut I was in this year.

D

Dr Kain

A pretty good finale to a show that really dropped the ball in the second half. This arc was rushed. Instead of cramming it into 5 episodes they should have got rid of the two clipshows and had this arc be 7 episodes along with removing the Horoborus episode to make it 8. That one was easily the worst of the show after the clipshows.

We never found out jackshit about what Juggler's goal was here nor why he came to this world at all while the main villain makes Saki from R/B look deep. Holy fucking **** Celebro, or whatever, was a dreadful villain. Just utterly worthless. We spent 25 episodes watching him do nothing at all.

On the other hand, my god were the effects, miniatures, and camerawork absolutely outstanding. I think the best scene might have been when the group of photographers were running through buildings during a battle sequence followed by the battle where the camera was spinning around the city and then when it was twirling around the monsters from top to bottom. My favorite episode is easily the Kemur Man one.

Formally known as Bennu
There seems to be hashtag trending in Japan called #UltramanZ50Episodes

S

scikaiju

There seems to be hashtag trending in Japan called #UltramanZ50Episodes
Guess they really like changing his name lol. It was a good finale though. Cerebral was defeated, and Yuka finally gets to direct something and it looks like Cerebro's first victim is along for the ride. And if I understand Juggular right he just wanted to keep things interesting, dude gets bored easily. Z finished things in his original form now him and Haruki going off to space to protect the universe. My only question was the last arm wrestling bout that apparently freed Yoko from Cerebro's control. Was Haruki actually in her head of was that do.e sort of internal struggle that just took his form? Guess we'll see in some form in the upcoming .good along with seeing if STORAGE actually made that robot that can go into space.

Was Z perfect show,no it wasn't. I am curious how things would have turned out if the pandemic didn't happen. But it was a fun ride and I'm glad I took the time to take it.

D

Dr Kain

Also I wonder how things would have turned out had the writer not died.