Formally known as Bennu
Welcome to the discussion thread for Ultraman Z, Episode 24; " The Game to Extinction"

This Week: Juggler has finally revealed his true form to Haruki. Meanwhile, Celebro puts his final plan into motion. With their respective objectives out in the open, the situation takes a turn for the worse! As the shadow of despair creeps closer, their final enemy appears as a nightmare given shape!

maxresdefault (6).jpg

"Well, things certainly hit the fan"​

Remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.
HOWEVER! This is not the place to discuss future episodes. You may discuss previous episodes, next-episode previews and related subjects, but stick to the episode at hand. Please be considerate of those who haven't watched ahead yet. Thank you

D

Dr Kain

So it turns out the villain dude wants to destroy the world because, "evil, duh." Wow, so glad we spent the whole season waiting for him to do something for such trivial reasons. -_- He's as bad as Saki.

Yoko's actress really went overboard on the overacting, eh.

Overall though, there were things I really liked, but I am so ready for this show to be done.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
So Celebro was like the villains from Dekaranger and Zyuohger, gottcha. Now I want Ultraman Z in Super Robot Wars (an actual game, X Omega does not count).

It's a shame you don't like it. I genuinely think it's the best of the 'New Generation Ultra' series. Unless next week's episode is somehow diabolical, this will be by a long way my favorite series Tsuburaya has produced since Mebius.

Yoko's actress did go a bit over the top towards the end but I think some of the first few bits of her being possessed did come across as genuinely creepy.

I wasn't expecting them to give a damn about the medals again at the end. I figured they'd stick with Ultroid Zero for the finale. Poor Red King though. Especially seeing a bit of it's skull as it faded away. :(

D

Dr Kain

I agree that she started out acting creepy, especially when she was first possessed and moved her body as if she was Kayako from the Ju-On series. That was pretty damn awesome.

It's not that I don't like the show, I just feel like it wasted its potential it started out with. I'm not sure what happened, but ever since the Kanegon clip show this series lost a lot of steam outside of the Kemur Man episode (which is without a doubt my favorite episode of the series). Some episodes felt like they should have been two parters while others felt like they didn't need to exist at all. It also hurts that they wasted 3 weeks on clips shows that could have gone to fleshing out characters the plots.

Right now, my rankings for all of the Neo shows are:

1. X
2. Orb
3. Geed
4. Z
5. Ginga S
6. R/B
7. Ginga
8. Neo Ultra Q
9. The Origin Saga

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
I take it you're going to wait for Mill Creek to release Taiga.
It's a shame you don't like it. I genuinely think it's the best of the 'New Generation Ultra' series. Unless next week's episode is somehow diabolical, this will be by a long way my favorite series Tsuburaya has produced since Mebius.
I'll agree it's definitely high up there. I'll wait for the last episode to do rankings.

S

scikaiju

So Juggular still a little salty about getting talked to about cutting down that tree, we saw it nack when he told the Dyna medal to show him how a champion of light fights. Based on him choosing to save Haruki instead of just leaving with the Ultroid I think he was honest when he told Riku that he was one of the "good guys" now but this ended up being too good a chance to pass up. I could be wrong, but if this was his plan than he needed to find a planet that Cerebro was going to infest and be there. That takes too much empathise on random chance based on what we seen Juggular do before. Try to guess how some one he's familiar with like gai will react yes we've seen that before but that still fit in with his long term plan. Yoko was creepy in this but, maybe Cerebro neing overly happy his plan worked and he got the nelial medal back. And how about that nod to the original Ultraman with that scene with Z and Haruki.