Formally known as Bennu
Welcome to the discussion thread for Ultraman Z, Episode 20; "To Care And What Lies Beyond"

ultraman-z20.jpg

This Week: The Artificial Life Form M1, created by Chief Mechanic Kojiro Inaba’s daughter Ruri, has malfunctioned and become gigantic! M1 doesn’t have bad intentions, but like this, it can do some serious damage! STORAGE puts a major operation into motion in order to stop M1 before it reaches the metropolitan area. Will they be able to save M1?!

Remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.
HOWEVER! This is not the place to discuss future episodes. You may discuss previous episodes, next-episode previews and related subjects, but stick to the episode at hand. Please be considerate of those who haven't watched ahead yet. Thank you

Formally known as Bennu
We get a Bako-san centric episode and it's a sweet one that tackles a theme classic shows like Taro did when the STORAGE team disregard orders in order to save the life of a monster instead of destroying it.

Also seeing Z put a monster in a sharpshooter was pretty cool.

S

scikaiju

Another good episode. Although I think I prefer the version of M1 that speared in Ultraman x compared to this version. But we see the Chief out of his element here so that was interesting, even if he did seem uncomfortable around his daughter. but outside of that it was obvious he cared about her, from trying to protect her by getting in front to being the one who had to take the shot to cure M1. But there were some silly moments as well, such as the dance party and Z putting M1 in the scorpion deathlock ( or the Sharpshooter if you only seen WWE). It was something thatr could have gone over board but there was just enough silliness that it didn't over take the situation. The only real question that I have is who were those guys trying to monsternap M1.

Formally known as Bennu
Another good episode. Although I think I prefer the version of M1 that speared in Ultraman x compared to this version. But we see the Chief out of his element here so that was interesting, even if he did seem uncomfortable around his daughter. but outside of that it was obvious he cared about her, from trying to protect her by getting in front to being the one who had to take the shot to cure M1. But there were some silly moments as well, such as the dance party and Z putting M1 in the scorpion deathlock ( or the Sharpshooter if you only seen WWE). It was something thatr could have gone over board but there was just enough silliness that it didn't over take the situation. The only real question that I have is who were those guys trying to monsternap M1.

I too wonder if we're going to get any info of those kidnappers.

I liked how they made Beta Smash the pro wrestling form, considering Ultraman fights were inspired by pro wrestling bouts, seeing Beta Smash use a Diamond Cutter was one of my favorite moments.

D

Dr Kain

No "I'm a seagull" from M1 makes this episode a total failure!!

Seriously though, it was an okay episode. Nothing terrible, but nothing ground breaking either. Most certainly nowhere near as good as the Kemur Man episode.