Formally known as Bennu
Welcome to the discussion thread for Ultraman Z, episode 16; "The Lion's Cry".

This Week: The day has come for Horoboros, a monster that Yuka saw as a child, to awaken from its long slumber! The key to appeasing the raging Horoboros lies in a mysterious word recorded in an ancient document. Yuka sets out to decipher this writing, but Kaburagi's dark power is reaching out to Horoboros...!

Remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.
HOWEVER! This is not the place to discuss future episodes. You may discuss previous episodes, next-episode previews and related subjects, but stick to the episode at hand. Please be considerate of those who haven't watched ahead yet. Thank you

D

Dr Kain

Man, last week's episode felt very rushed as if they crammed two episodes into one while this one dragged on. This was the perfect opportunity to really develop Yuka and show us what motivates her and give us a look into her childhood, but they pretty much decided to do all of that in 20 seconds of exposition. SHOW, DON'T TELL!!! And then the last act feels tacked on of the villain dude mutating the beast. That was so unneccessary and felt out of place.

S

scikaiju

At least we got a look at what inspired Yuka to take the path she's on. but with, I'm assuming , 20 something episodes there's only so much character develpopment to go around for the supporting cast. Either way Cerebro is still miffed that Juggular and Haruki forcebly took his Belial medal and wants it back. It may be what sets him off the deep end and get the main story going. Now the big question, is the alien we saw at the end one of the 9,999, I think that was the number, siblings of the one a few episodes ago or is this one going to be from a different family swarm?

D

Dr Kain

25 episodes still gives every main supporting cast member at least a single episode to be fleshed out in though,, especially when there has been little to no plot at all so far. I mean, I'm really enjoying the hell out of Z, but it is no Orb or Geed when it comes to story telling. Even X had more of an overarching plot than Z and X is the most traditional Ultraman series of the modern ones.

S

scikaiju

But how much did we learn about the other two in Orb's SSP though, the camera guy and the tech guru. Did we learn anything about them during Orb? Naomi's Uncle got more development than they did as I recall. And X is my favorite on the "New Generation" heroes there are two people who are in the credits which makes them main cast members and all thety did was sit in the back and give out monster location. At most we learned the one guys dad had a noodle shop.And the lab guy who wasn't Rui or the Doctor what did we ever learn about him during the series?

D

Dr Kain

Well we did learn a bit about the dude with the glasses during the two parter with the Galactron, but fair point. However, I do think if they're going to be apart of a military organization, they deserve at least one episode to their name, especially in a show that has been practically all filler up to this point.

I like X the best of the modern shows, but I definitely felt that the science team deserved their own episodes, especially Dr Gorman. Like why the hell is there an alien working with the military?????

S

scikaiju

They explained it in the second episode, There good aliens working with XIO

Actually X is my favorite of the new gen heroes, of least of the ones I've seen, as well.

D

Dr Kain

They explained it in the second episode, There good aliens working with XIO

Actually X is my favorite of the new gen heroes, of least of the ones I've seen, as well.

Oh I know they said there are good aliens working with them, but how about showing us how that happened instead of making it some side exposition?