Formally known as Bennu
Welcome to the discussion thread for Ultraman Z, episode 14; "Four-Dimensional Capriccio".

This Week: : With the sudden appearance of the Four-Dimensional Monster Bullton, the STORAGE base is thrown into chaos! Time and space become warped and twisted, transforming the STORAGE base into a dimensional prison. Meanwhile, Haruki is confronted with a mysterious phenomenon!

Z-14.jpg

"This is a weird sequel to Groundhog Day"

Remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.
HOWEVER! This is not the place to discuss future episodes. You may discuss previous episodes, next-episode previews and related subjects, but stick to the episode at hand. Please be considerate of those who haven't watched ahead yet. Thank you

Formally known as Bennu
Haruki finally ends his arc that started two episodes ago, surprised it took this long though I'm glad it did, definitely added some stakes and gave STORAGE their time to shine.

Seems Sevenger has put on the retirement program, I'm going to miss the adorable giant robot.😭

Yeah, retiring Sevengar is definitely the kind of decision that gets made in a show that is filmed well in advance, when they didn't know how beloved he'd become. Or perhaps when the finale rolls around one of the other two bots will get taken out of action and they'll pull him out of mothballs just in time to help save the day?

The intro now uses the second verse of the opening theme, and if the lyrics are still partially about Juggler then that implies he might revert to being a villain? There's a completely new ED but as is usual with Ultraman EDs it just pases over me without really going in at all.

Haruki going back in time to meet his dad was an inventive use of the monster. In general, it was good to see Bullton. It's one of the most unique monsters, and I think this is only the third time it's appeared?

S

scikaiju

I'm surprised off deep in the well they went by using Builton. It hasn't been scene sine the original Ultraman as far as I'm aware. It was the perfect monster to use in this situation and to get Haruki to fight again with no hesitation. Sometimes you just need to talk to your dad. Retiring Sevenger did seem sudden but makes sense seeing how it's a tad outdated compared to Windam and King Joe.