B4.mkv_snapshot_07.09_2019.12.15_19.19.22-1024x576.jpg
Thou shalt make war against the infidel without cessation and without mercy.

Welcome to the discussion thread for Dinoknight Sentai Ryusoulger, episode 38; "The Temple in the Sky".
(Show's title and episode title translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
This week: Upon Seto's advice, the Ryusoulgers seek out the Temple of the Beginning, where Koh and Canalo are summoned to undergo numerous tests. Meanwhile, Pricious gives Gachireus one last chance to prove himself, so he attacks the city with a new Minosaur he's created.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.
HOWEVER! This is not the place to discuss future episodes nor next-episode previews. You may discuss previous episodes and related subjects, but stick to the episode at hand. Please be considerate of those who haven't watched ahead yet. Thank you.​

D

Dr Kain

Oh look, another easy to master trial all to give red another god fucking damn upgrade form!!! Are you fucking kidding me?????!!!! Also, there's no longer a need for the mecha, so there's no reason to have another mech battle ever again.

I'm also so glad they brought Gachy back from the dead like 15 episodes ago just so they could do jackshit with him. Why am I saying this now instead of the next episode where he is clearly going to die in? Because I want to get it off my chest now. There was no point in him not dying the first time because he hasn't had a single shred of development.

Oh, and what was up with this, "I don't have time to deal with you," when a minute later he has the rangers down and then says, "We've got plenty of time to beat you later?" Does he have time or doesn't he have time?

Ah, a random cameo from a character from the summer movie. How very Kyoryuger of them lol.

I did like that Canalo, who was introduced as being obsessed with his duty to the sea tribe but befriended the land tribe, chose comrades, whereas Koh, who in just the previous episode wondered if he was trying to control his partner Tyramigo and has a past of being less kind, did indeed choose duty. It's a nice little extension of their characters.

D

Dr Kain

, whereas Koh, who in just the previous episode wondered if he was trying to control his partner Tyramigo and has a past of being less kind, did indeed choose duty. It's a nice little extension of their characters.

What are you talking about? Koh choose friendship over duty.

This episode is a mixed bag for me, but outside of personal preference, I suppose it’s a good episode.

The challenges here were also better executed than the trials at the cliffs. I normally don’t say it, but I don’t like it when Sentai or Power Rangers focuses on certain members of the team more than others. It’s fine if it’s just Red, but when it’s just Red and the 6th ranger (or all the males), I can’t help but feel like it’s just not right. I suppose the power up matches Canalo's gold color scheme better, but I like how it looks on Koh/Red more.

And also, way to tease us, episode! I thought for sure this would be the one where they kill off Gachireus.

Oh look, another easy to master trial all to give red another god fucking damn upgrade form!!! Are you fucking kidding me?????!!!!

Didn't you say in a previous discussion topic that you haven't been watching this show very much?

Either way, "easy to master" is not the impression I get here. These trials were definitely harder than the cliffs. They actually had to fight their way to the final challenge, and (at least for Koh), it was clear they didn't want to choose between Friendship and Duty. I was half expecting them to stand firm and say that both were equally important. Top that off with the battle between Koh and Canalo, and it really shows how far these two have come. There might have been a time earlier in the series where they wouldn't have come to a mutual understanding; and Canalo would've actually tried to genuinely defeat Koh.

Still feels weird that they both were able to choose between Friendship and Duty, but it makes sense for their characters. Koh came from the land tribe, which gave him to freedom to connect with other Ryusoulgers and other people in general. Whereas Canalo came from the sea tribe, and trained in isolation before becoming a Ryusoulger. But Koh never fully struck me as the kind of guy that would choose one value over the other like that...

D

Dr Kain

What? No, I've watched every episode so far outside of the one that just aired.

And they were easy to master. All Koh had to do was tip over Tyramigo and he won and then answer a question. All Canalo had to do was break some ice and he won. No true skill was necessary.