Opera%2BSnapshot_2019-11-17_223040_www.toei.co.jp.png

Thou shalt respect all weaknesses, and shalt constitute thyself the defender of them.

Welcome to the discussion thread for Dinoknight Sentai Ryusoulger, episode 35; "The Greatest Battle on Earth".
(Show's title and episode title translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
This week: As Pricious and his Space Dragon continue wreaking havoc, the Ryusoulgers struggle to overcome the Cliffs of Trials in order to unlock the most powerful Ryusoul combination; with Koh in particular experiencing the most difficulty.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.
HOWEVER! This is not the place to discuss future episodes nor next-episode previews. You may discuss previous episodes and related subjects, but stick to the episode at hand. Please be considerate of those who haven't watched ahead yet. Thank you.​

D

Dr Kain

Excuse me sir, you got an Ultraman in my Sentai series.

What a load of horse **** this episode was. What happened to the whole, "Your training could take anywhere from a week to years?" They solved everything in just a few minutes. There were no tests, nothing that required hard work. Hell, red's entire test was just to learn that his special attack has a recharge time. Wow, such deep and thought provoking obstacles. A five year old could have cleared those things.

I can easily say that the highlight of this episode was learning more about why Mosa Rex doesn’t trust the surface world so easily. And I guess some of the trials could have had a bit more gravity tot them. Funny how the subplot managed to out shine the main plot, but I mostly enjoyed this episode!

I can easily say that the highlight of this episode was learning more about why Mosa Rex doesn’t trust the surface world so easily.
It was an interesting idea, but then they wrap it up by the end of the episode. I feel like this could have been teased out over two or three episodes before he relented. Heck, maybe this trial plot could have been about proving themselves worthy of properly using such overwhelming power?

It's another example of one of the things that does bug me a bit about Ryusoulger; It has this habit of introducing a fairly classic toku plot point, but just wants to rush to the end of it as fast as possible instead of giving it the time it needs to work properly.

D

Dr Kain

God can you imagine what Kakuranger would have been like had it been done in today's Sentai culture? I mean with the arc when the rangers had to go seperate ways and nearly every member got an episode to themselves. Sure, Blue and Yellow shared an episode, but then Black got a two parter, so it evened out.