CA.mkv_snapshot_15.18_2019.06.09_22.02.17-1024x576.jpg
Deeds in themselves are meaningless unless they're for some higher purpose.

Welcome to the discussion thread for Dinoknight Sentai Ryusoulger, episode 13; "The Prime Minister Is from the Ryusoul Tribe!?".
(Show's title and episode title translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
This week: Japan's first female prime minister Mioko Karino, a woman of mystery, appears to know Bamba and offers to tell him and Towa about their Masters on the condition that they destroy the Minosaur born from her body once it has fully matured.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.​

I have mixed feelings about this episode…

I liked the idea of another wise sage from the Ryusoul tribe. Heck, we never get any time with the elder from the first two episodes. However, wanting to die at the hands of a Minosaur while also risking the lives of the innocent? Nothing about this story made sense to me. They never explained why she wanted to die in this very specific way. We never got any info about Bamba and Towa’s master, we were just teased about it. And worst of all, this go-nowhere plot cost us time with Gaisorg. After seeing him teased in the previous episode, I was sure we’d get more time with him here. I liked how the Minosaur could predict fighting patterns, but since we were introduced to the host, I doubt we’ll be getting a two-parter out it.

Ultimately, this episode just achieves nothing. It teases us with things, and does nothing with them. It’s as if the writers want to make this super important, super serious story line, but they just don’t know how to use the wonderful story elements right in front of them effectively. I can tell you this; however. A story about the first female Prime Minister, even if this story element achieves nothing, it would totally be praised by today’s SJW crowd. Please don’t make stuff like this a trend, Japan. You’re better than that.

D

Dr Kain

13 episodes in and we still don't know jack **** about the villains outside of the generic description.

We never got any info about Bamba and Towa’s master, we were just teased about it. And worst of all, this go-nowhere plot cost us time with Gaisorg. After seeing him teased in the previous episode, I was sure we’d get more time with him here.
We know from the Super Sentai Battle specials that Gaisorg is a sentient suit of armor that traps skilled warriors within it. He turns up at the same time that green and black reveal that their master has disappeared? I'm assuming that their master is trapped inside Gaisorg.

D

Dr Kain

You shouldn't have to watch some side story non-cannoical crap to know who a character is though. THat's bad writing.

We know from the Super Sentai Battle specials that Gaisorg is a sentient suit of armor that traps skilled warriors within it.
You shouldn't have to watch some side story non-cannoical crap to know who a character is though. THat's bad writing.

Except you don't need the SSB special to know that. They explain in this very episode that Gaisorg is just a wondering suit of armor. The real bad writing is introducing a character and barely doing anything with said character. If what Toku Prime said is true and all of this is part of some foreshadowing, it MIGHT make up for the lack of good content in this episode. But for now, it's just a complete waste.