[Discussion] OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go, Kamen Rider!

Am I gonna be "that guy" here? Fine I'll say that movie was...underwhelming I mean really. I get that time travel is hard to write at times but there was no attempt to make it make sense. Dr. Who would of shot himself half way through this. I mean that dorky kid goes to the future where Imagin use him as a vessel but they never show how that happens then into an alternate past where he gets stuck and has a kid who was his friend but if there from the same timelines how does that even work?! He was a kid the same time he was. And things were just poorly written at points like Ankh just finding Teddy as soon as they get back. And where did Eiji get the ToRideVendor in a world without Kougami making them? Plus a bunch of other stuff. Like how the hell did Momo turn into an arm and have a core medal?

Speaking of Momo? Just one henshin? Really? Who goes into the secret base of the evilest organization without there belt?

Now I know what people are going to say. "It's not about the plot so much as the Riders and all them coming together." And I was saying that to myself at first but there's a limit. There's only so much I can take before I realize I've could be reading fanfic's that make more sense. I loved the sense's when all the riders were coming and having there little moment, I loved W coming from nowhere, I loved the All Rider Break but everything else was just....bleh....

Lurker
Am I gonna be "that guy" here? Fine I'll say that movie was...underwhelming I mean really. I get that time travel is hard to write at times but there was no attempt to make it make sense. Dr. Who would of shot himself half way through this. I mean that dorky kid goes to the future where Imagin use him as a vessel but they never show how that happens then into an alternate past where he gets stuck and has a kid who was his friend but if there from the same timelines how does that even work?! He was a kid the same time he was. And things were just poorly written at points like Ankh just finding Teddy as soon as they get back. And where did Eiji get the ToRideVendor in a world without Kougami making them? Plus a bunch of other stuff. Like how the hell did Momo turn into an arm and have a core medal?

Speaking of Momo? Just one henshin? Really? Who goes into the secret base of the evilest organization without there belt?

Now I know what people are going to say. "It's not about the plot so much as the Riders and all them coming together." And I was saying that to myself at first but there's a limit. There's only so much I can take before I realize I've could be reading fanfic's that make more sense. I loved the sense's when all the riders were coming and having there little moment, I loved W coming from nowhere, I loved the All Rider Break but everything else was just....bleh....

Notice that we never see the kid(the son) until after time is changed and the way it looked to me was that this event was supposed to happen(the imagin just traveled to a time the kid was going to be in). It was never revealed that the Kougami foundation never existed, just that Shocker controlled most of the world.

The arm thing I kinda lay off on since the Imagins are pretty much made up of sand and as I said before the Core Medal wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Momotaros didn't become Den-O earlier because they are trying to turn New Den-O into the main Den-O(which makes since since this movie most likely features the future version of the cast from New Den-O's time).

That's how my brain tried to patch up those events lol

Lurker
Anyone else loves the fact that the Shocker Greed was defeated by Ichigo and Nigo as much as I do? :thumbs:

Notice that we never see the kid(the son) until after time is changed and the way it looked to me was that this event was supposed to happen(the imagin just traveled to a time the kid was going to be in). It was never revealed that the Kougami foundation never existed, just that Shocker controlled most of the world.

The arm thing I kinda lay off on since the Imagins are pretty much made up of sand and as I said before the Core Medal wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Momotaros didn't become Den-O earlier because they are trying to turn New Den-O into the main Den-O(which makes since since this movie most likely features the future version of the cast from New Den-O's time).

That's how my brain tried to patch up those events lol
That still makes no sense! But I wonder if New Den-O is suppose to become the main Den-O why didn't they close in on his face and have that voice go "DEN-O"?

I mean I know we've gotten used to patch up holes in Kamen Rider movies but this was too much for me.

Heroes are forever
It can all be retconned and explained through some hours of thinking, I mean, if you REALLY want it to have happened.
Not that I'm expecting any writer to do it.

Lurker
That still makes no sense! But I wonder if New Den-O is suppose to become the main Den-O why didn't they close in on his face and have that voice go "DEN-O"?

I mean I know we've gotten used to patch up holes in Kamen Rider movies but this was too much for me.

Its because it's an All Riders movie and they had to bring in the original Den-O from the TV series for the final battle.

^But he was in the whole movie. He fought multiple times! Are you saying Momo Ankh has Den-O wouldn't of been awesome?!
It can all be retconned and explained through some hours of thinking, I mean, if you REALLY want it to have happened.
Not that I'm expecting any writer to do it.
Come on man. You wouldn't be figuring things out you'd just be making up excuses for it to make sense. I've watched tons of time travel shows that don't take hours of thinking to understand.

I mean lets face it. It payed a great tribute to 40 years of Rider but is good writing to much to ask?

Lurker
Come on man. You wouldn't be figuring things out you'd just be making up excuses for it to make sense. I've watched tons of time travel shows that don't take hours of thinking to understand.

I mean lets face it. It payed a great tribute to 40 years of Rider but is good writing to much to ask?

seeing as how most Rider series nowadays either writing problems when it comes to certain aspects or drop the ball somewhere I'd say yes :laugh:

Heroes are forever
Meh, it can be done, with zero excuses (I think YMMV), it would just involve (in my vision) lots of time madness and dimensional travelling, which may anger 80% of the fandom.

Can't really defend the writing here, anyway.