[Discussion] OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go, Kamen Rider!

Why yes, I do know everything
Well, the movie was released in Japan, and I didn't see a thread on it in this forum, so I decided to make one~ It's only available in raw form right now (I'll let you guys find that yourselves =P)

But yeah, discuss! =D

Luka posted about it in the shoutbox if you wanna go look.

[Yesterday 09:29 PM] LukaMillfy : Handy protip: the raw for the Den-OOO movie is out on a certain torrent :library: portal

I don't do sense
So yeah, dem Riders.
Well, I enjoyed the movie a whole lot even though it was very obviously a Den-O movie. Not that I have something against Den-O, I just can't stand the four Imagins. Ugh. Anyway.
The music was good, I think a big chunk of the score was brand new. Plus they used the most recognized pieces from OOO and Double. And there was an instrumental version of Let's Go Rider Kick I've never hear before. It kicked so much ass.
The plot made little coherent sense, at first it looked like it was trying to, but then they just said "screw it, fanwank time." Items and people appeared and disappeared at pure convenience. The last third of the movie was just unadulterated, streamlined cheese.
[HIDE]I really liked what they did with King Dark there. At first he was chilling in the Shocker base and then in the last battle when he showed up the last, just like in All Riders, it was just purely golden moment. "Oh, it's THIS guy again, someone tell J--- Oh. OH. Nevermind." And then he just falls to his death without doing anything. It was so hilarious.
Not sure what to think about OOO Tamashi combo, considering he just scanning charged a hadouken and that was that.
Rider #1 and Rider #2 kicking OOO like nobody's business was oddly satisfying.[/HIDE]
Isao Sasaki's cameo was really cool too, I mean, it's Isao Sasaki. He can just be there doing nothing and still rock.
Kid actors were all really decent. A good surprise.

So, a really enjoyable fanservice flick, simple and emotional.

Mr. Kamen Rider
Can't wait to watch it again, and then again on Blu-Ray in a couple weeks. I really, really enjoyed this one in theaters. It's definitely in my top 3.

[HIDE]It's weird how it's a sort of unofficial companion piece to All Riders vs. Daishocker. Same writer, same director, same basic gimmick (All Riders vs. All Rider Villains) and I'd even say the bit near the end with King Dark is a deliberate callback. Half the bad guys are Decade leftovers!

Both films do things better than each other. Though I think I'd probably say Let's Go is the better movie overall, mainly because it feels like a real ensemble piece, whereas the first All Riders was also trying to juggle a Decade origin story/aborted ending, and while I liked that one a lot, it's a bit more hectic. OOO is just along for the ride in this one, and he's still the most important guy in the end, but ultimately this is a movie about Kamen Rider as a whole, and particularly its past (Double Riders) present (OOO) and a bit of the future via Den-O. The guest stars help immensely too; this film gets a lot of merit points just for having Naya Goro's voice in it, not to mention Fujioka & co.

You cannot watch this movie trying to make any sense of it though. It involves 1) time travel and 2) a very, very, veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery loose version of time travel that borders on magic, so you kind of have to just go with it. Leave the continuity worries at the door, enjoy the ride.[/HIDE]

Well, I'm glad that this time that I watched it I got to see it on something bigger than one of the little tv thingies on my plane flight XD

Yeah, everything doesn't make a lot of sense, like has been said before, but, it's a pretty awesome ride if you don't try to make things "fit in continuity" or try looking at it as anything more than a homage to the past and the future of Rider =)

silver FOREVAAH
i don't understand th at thing with the two little kids....i mean...really...WTF?! ..i should wait the subs to understand that >_<

"Training."
After watching this movie I seriously think having Hiroshi and co appear out of suit and do a transformation would've worked. Who cares whether they look old or not despite being cyborgs and it was 1971? Tears would've been shed and it would be worth it.

Overall I enjoyed this movie. It was definitely a Ichigo + Nigo x OOO x Den-o movie which worked IMO. I enjoyed the soundtrack, even more so when they rearranged classic themes. There was a phrase taken from the original that was mixed in with the piece that played during Tamashii Combo which was great. The rearranged instrumental of the original "Lets Go Rider Kick!" was definitely a highlight. Hiroshi's manly voice shouting followed by the "We are so screwed." reactions by the kaijins followed by the iconic theme blaring through the speakers made sure tears were shed by fans.