[DISCUSSION] Lupinranger VS Patranger, Episode 51 + FULL SERIES

26220877_1620434071328174_8124588917082314039_o.jpg
Cops & Robbers, rainbow version!

Welcome to the discussion thread for the TV series Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger.
Please save conversations about any related movies or specials for a different thread.
You may also talk about Episode 50 and the FINAL EPISODE here.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.​

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Good riddance to Zamigo, you will not be missed. One of the biggest wastes of Sentai potential in years. Imagine if Juuzo or Basco had been as lackluster as he was. Hell, even the pirate dude from Zyuohger had more development than Zamigo.

It's quite lame that defeating Zamigo returned everyone to normal and right where they were taken in the first place. It should have been that they are freed and now the rangers have to get them out of Dogranio's safe.

Well whatever, I will be quite pleased when this show ends this weekend. I don't understand how Toei could have such high possibilities with both this and Kyuuranger and still manage to **** them both up in the end.

Wow. Talk about an oopsie poopsles...

So apparently, this series has 51 episodes. I made this thread thinking that the show ended on 50. My bad! Totally jumped the gun on that one (no pun intended).
But hey. Feel free to talk about both here, and the entire series. If I make episode discussions for Ryusoulger too, I'll do my best not to make that mistake again.

And regardless of how you feel about the show, that's still an accomplishment, right? How long has it been since a sentai has been 51 episodes long?

D

Dr Kain

I believe Gokaiger was the last 51 episode series.

Either way, god damn, episode 50 had a far more satisfying conclusion than the finale and even that was a let down.

I have never been so dumbfounded with a Sentai finale this badly. I've seen series have bad endings, but this, this may be the worst Sentai finale ever. It was Decade levels of bad. NOTHING was concluded. NOTHING was accomplished.

Toei clearly got scared to actually give the teams a true finale because then they wouldn't be able to use them repeatedly over the next decade.

Add on top the lack of any sort of development, the mcguffin God Mode form of Goodie Striker that lets him just free the rangers, and all of the other non-conclusive crap, and you have a terrible so called "finale." I feel like there is still going to be another episode.

Massive shout out to those four lady customers looking at the news on a phone just after the one year jump, which was a completely random cameo appearance from the actresses who played Change Phoenix (Changeman), Yellow Mask (Maskman), the second Yellow Four (Bioman), and Pink Five (also Bioman).

I also have to say that using the book to de-power Dogranio was quite clever. Almost made up for last week where they announced that the Trigger Machines can lock safes despite not showing that in any of the previous 49 episodes (even when that would have been really handy).

I haven't seen the summer movie yet so Jackpot Striker was a bit out of the blue, though I guess it's pretty common for summer movie power-ups to appear later in the show.

I can't help think that story-wise it would have been cooler for them to have just ended with the trio of new phantom thieves making their debut transformation into Lupinrangers in hopes of retrieving the originals by completing the Collection. The originals can still come back in "...vs Kyuranger" or the probable crossover with Ryusoulger. Or heck, they've announced that Keiichiro is appearing in the upcoming four week special, so maybe have him be fighting for a way to free them?

D

Dr Kain

So where were they keeping that giant ass book stored on them in the first place?

Also, what was it that Kogure was planning Lupin Red into doing a while back when they had to go into their dreams to acquire one of the collection pieces? That was never answered.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

raden238

Another year, another Sentai in the history books!

Episode 51 Finale Episode Review:
I haven't been paying attention to every last detail for the show, but when did Kogure give Kairi the collection book to hold onto? And where did Kairi store the dang thing when they were in trapped inside Dogranio's safe?

R

raden238

Another year, another Sentai in the history books!

Episode 51 Finale Episode Review:
I haven't been paying attention to every last detail for the show, but when did Kogure give Kairi the collection book to hold onto? And where did Kairi store the dang thing when they were in trapped inside Dogranio's safe?

Where the the heck is the edit button? I accidentally pressed enter and now I can't change it!

Anyway, besides the whole ability of being able to transfer the collection pieces between dimensions thanks to the book, (nobody knew this beforehand, same for episode 50's trigger machine locking ability). We now have Jackpot Striker's magical powers that can also bring the Thieves back too?!!? I didn't watch the summer movie, so I had no idea of what Jackpot can do but this is such a cop out. Mind you the intended viewers of this show, the little kids wouldn't even know what the hell happened.

So besides have these out of nowhere convenient methods of defeating the Ganglers. Lets talk about everything else. I like that Dogranio wasn't killed but rather imprisoned. That's something different. There was no final mecha fight either, which was also refreshing. The ending with the Lupins still fighting the Pats was ridiculous though. Wasn't their mission to save their loved ones, mission complete, go home and enjoy life. Why continue with the collection? It doesn't make sense. Its not that good of a finale but I still enjoyed the series overall.

Series Review
I enjoyed Lupinranger vs Patoranger. The idea of having two different sentai teams fighting throughout the entire series as a storyline was new, fresh and fun. Toei look a gamble and I enjoyed it. Much like Kyuranger, I feel like 90% of the show was fantastic but towards the end of the show near the finale arcs, it falls flat.

What was up with Kogure? Did Toei change plans with his character? He was so shady and mysterious at the beginning but in the end, he was just another supporting character? What a letdown, I was expecting a great twist with him! As already stated above, I didn't like the convenient mc guffins that happened in the last two episodes which saved the day, the pointless mandatory drag queen, dancing and clip show episodes.

Lupin vs Pat was solid. Characters were strong, villains are good, designs were good (vehicle mecha FTW). Toei tried something different after 40 years of cookie cutting shows. Like Kyuranger, they made drastic changes to the show and I enjoyed it.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Easily the best post-Gokaiger series.
Characters and their dynamic were top-notch, both within and outside respective teams. Solid character development for most of the cast and even ones with less focus like Tsukasa had a lot of great character moments. Actors were great. Action was great. Most of episodes were fun and enjoyable.
A few moments were lackluster, but overall series never bored me (unlike many recent ones).