THISFILEHASNOSUBS-Thief-Sentai-Lupinranger-VS-Police-Sentai-Patranger-47-7E94BD10.mkv_snapshot_11.35_2019.01.13_22.24.04-695x391.jpg

Poses fix everything!

Welcome to the discussion thread for Lupinranger VS Patranger, episode 47; "What I Can Do Now".
(Episode title's translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
This week: Though Keiichiro is certain about the Lupinrangers' identities, Sakuya refuses to accept Umika to be Lupin Yellow and confronts her. Meanwhile, Gauche upgrades Zamigo behind Dogranio's back as the two devise a plan to destroy the two Sentai teams together.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.

D

Dr Kain

Wow, this episode was down right stupid. Like the Patrangers just stood there doing nothing as Noel was talking to Gauche when he was making his deal. They all could have easily rushed her without having Noel be kidnapped. That was the lamest scene in the entire series and this show has had a lot of lame scenes. That's like a kidnapper stands there and talks to a child while 3 adults just stand there and do nothing. God it was stupid. They make the scientists in Prometheus and Alien Covenant look intelligent.

Also, another encounter with Zamigo that leads to absolutely nothing happening.

What would be the point in trying to attack her? They established that her blasts can blow out the wall of a building. Their super suits may have been able to absorb that kind of damage, but once she's forced them to de-morph they're vulnerable and one shot would insta-kill them.

All this, of course, is if we're applying any kind of real world logic to Sentai. Which never applies.

D

Dr Kain

There were lots of opportunities for Noel and the Patrangers to get away though. The scene made the universe tournament in DB Super feel quick. It was just so poorly written and stupid. Hell, it was like watching Man of Steel when Zod is going to kill that family with his beam they could have just ducked under and ran away from.

I have to agree with Kain on the part about the PatRangers. Noel just giving up was very lame. I get that Gauche was so over-powered that she could break through Noel's armor, which is probably tougher than the standard PatRanger suit. However, in other Sentai titles, none of that would have mattered. Even if de-morphed, the heroes would normally just transform again and keep trying until pushed to the point of exhaustion. This was just Noel giving up like a pushover. And I get that this is all leading to the events of the next episode, but if the set up is lame, it makes the rest of the two-parter not as thrilling as it could be. It almost feels like whatever happens next could have been avoided. And not just because Noel gave up too easily, but also because the LupinRangers let a different target distract them, a critique that even Keiichiro pointed out many episodes earlier.

But there is one thing I disagree with Kain. The fight with Zamigo definitely had meaning. Now that he has a piece of the collection, he is able to over-come Lupin Red's super form. He might not have left them crushed, but Zamigo wasn't aiming for a physical defeat. He was going for the mental defeat. He wanted them to know that even at their best, they couldn't bring him down anymore. They were clearly frustrated when it was all over. That being said, I think their frustration would have been more plot-relevant if the episode ended with with LupinRangers learning Gauche kidnapped Noel while they were focused on Zamigo. But I'll save my thoughts on how all that plays out for the next episode discussion.

D

Dr Kain

Perhaps you are right about Zamigo. It could just be that I just don't give a damn about him at all at this point. He could have been a really cool character but they forgot he even existed for more than half of the show despite him being the motivation behind the Lupinrangers even existing.