zen10a.jpg

Yes, those are totally two identical twins and not the same child actor with his hair brushed the other way...
This week: Kaito gets aboard the pirate's ship, apparently this show is based on a world where they still use sun dials and no other form of telling the time, multiple suns must be causing havoc with the rest of the solar system, TwoKaiser really is still doing that dance every time huh, a classic PreCure heavy debris lift, and the Kikainoids glowing eyes do look pretty cool in the brief night scene.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Zenkaiger sucks. There is no plot whatsoever, the villains are pathetic (how the hell did they conquer other Sentai universes?), the excessive CGI is as much distracting as it is terrifying to look at (they need to stop with the CGI mech battles), and everything this show is doing Zyuohger already did. The only things that make the show worth watching are the actors as they are incredible and the times it makes fun of the Sentai tropes.

Zenkaiger sucks. There is no plot whatsoever, the villains are pathetic (how the hell did they conquer other Sentai universes?), the excessive CGI is as much distracting as it is terrifying to look at (they need to stop with the CGI mech battles), and everything this show is doing Zyuohger already did. The only things that make the show worth watching are the actors as they are incredible and the times it makes fun of the Sentai tropes.
There's about as much plot as most other Sentai shows have. The only seasons that were more serialized were back when Rider wasn't broadcasting. If they started doing that now then the two franchises would be even more similar than they already are, and I suspect that would not help Sentai.

The villains didn't conquer the other universes as such. They sealed them away in the gears. In episode one the machine went wrong and crashed their two universes into each other, which is why they decided to do a more standard invasion.

As for the CGI mech battles, it's a consequence of the reduced budget. When they know a mech is only going to be in a relatively small number of episodes, as is the case with Zenryoku ZenkaiOh, it's cheaper to render everything in CGI than to build an actual suit and film it. I agree it looks fugly, but I suspect it will sadly only increase in the future.

D

Dr Kain

There's about as much plot as most other Sentai shows have.

Um... no, not even close.

The only seasons that were more serialized were back when Rider wasn't broadcasting. If they started doing that now then the two franchises would be even more similar than they already are, and I suspect that would not help Sentai.

Timeranger, Gaoranger, Hurricaneger, Abaranger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyoryuger, ToQGer, and Kiramager all had plots and every one of those shows aired with a Kamen Rider series.

****, even Zyuohger had more story development than Zenkaiger. Zenkaiger can't even remember that they should be searching for Kaito's mom and the one time they did, it happened between episodes OFF SCREEN.

The villains didn't conquer the other universes as such. They sealed them away in the gears. In episode one the machine went wrong and crashed their two universes into each other, which is why they decided to do a more standard invasion.
Sealing them away means they were conquered.

As for the CGI mech battles, it's a consequence of the reduced budget. When they know a mech is only going to be in a relatively small number of episodes, as is the case with Zenryoku ZenkaiOh, it's cheaper to render everything in CGI than to build an actual suit and film it. I agree it looks fugly, but I suspect it will sadly only increase in the future.

That doesn't even make any sense. If the budget was reduced, they should be using MORE practical effects. It's not cheaper to use CGI at all. That's is a complete falacy.

If it's too expensive to do a mech battle though, then maybe they shouldn't do one? Not every episode needs to have one.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Still better than Kamen Rider Build, the worst tokusatsu ever made. If doc is going to make stale copypasta for his reasons so can I.