zen3a.jpg

Oops, castor wheels on show!
This week: Gaon is apparently a great cook...which raises question as to how and why robots eat? A slippery situation reunites Zyuran with his old neighbor, security don't want wannabe bungee jumpers coming back, Magine needs to learn proper gun handling, her first use of magic is accompanied by some background music that seems very reminiscent of a piece used in Magiranger, and the final fortune seems very likely to come true.

D

Dr Kain

This episode was a lot better then the previous episode, though the excessive amount of CGI is getting obnoxious. Not only is there too much of it, but the quality in this episode was terrifying. This is a huge production television studio that willingly released a product that has the same quality of green screen I can do in my videos that I taught myself how to do. WHAT THE FUCKING ****??????????????????????

The mech battle also felt completely out of place, but I did enjoy Magine quite a bit. I did like the scene when our heroes were sliding past the villains while trying to fight them.

You have to remember this simple rule when it comes to tokusatsu: It is meant for kids. They are going to enjoy it, even if it looks like ass.

It's still a well written episode, the cast is wonderful, and they are also producing in covid procedures. They might not have had enough time or resources to dedicate the quality of the show, because let's be honest, many are going to keep watching, even with a bad episode. People are still on Saber, even though the first handful were some of the most bland toku episodes ever produced.

I can't wait to see the full team next episode!

D

Dr Kain

Doesn't mean I can't rant about it though. :)

I quit Saber after the first episode though.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

You have to remember this simple rule when it comes to tokusatsu: It is meant for kids
It always was for kids and used not to be an excuse for poor production choices.

even though the first handful were some of the most bland toku episodes ever produced.
Saber initial episodes were anything but bland. They were a trainwreck in a very specific and unique way, which I've never seen in a Toei show before.

I mean the simple answer is not every episode gets the same amount of money devoted to it, and this is clearly not a "big" episode of Zenkaiger. Also, their money (and time) is being spread across a far larger number of shots here than it was in the Kiramager episode Dr Kain references.

Apparently one of the stages at Toei's studios has had a big dome constructed in it, with an entirely green screen interior. Toei are encouraging all of their shows to use it instead of location filming where possible, as a covid measure. They can keep track of who enters this set, you don't need to come in contact with additional people who are doing transportation, catering etc, and so on. So expect a lot more green screen for the foreseeable future.

D

Dr Kain

If they're going to require their shows to use that green screen dome, they should make sure their shows can afford to use a green screen dome. Give them a higher budget then because right now their shows look terrible. They should have just made Saber and Zenkaiger anime at this point.