Futurering_Shinobi_2022.png

Unknown to the people. Unknown to the world. We become shadows to fight against evil.

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kamen Rider Zi-O, episode 18; "Amazing! Era! Future! 2022".
(Episode title's translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
This week: Sougo and co. are in a dilemma as Another Shinobi and Kamen Rider Shinobi are the same person, thus they can't obtain the Ridewatch necessary to beat him, until the white-colored Woz comes with a plan.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.​

By the way, I waited to post this until Over-Time had released their translation of the episode. However, the episode itself came out before any fansubs. Should I wait and give people a chance to see it subbed, or should I go ahead and post these episode discussions as soon as the episode is available online?

I'm letting the people decide. I could have made this thread sooner, but I didn't think it would take this long to sub the episode. Since anything could happen in a fansub group, it just seems posting these sooner rather than later would be the better option. Agree or disagree?

Lurker
Over-ti.me still not back to their usual pace, but some local fansub already subbed it iin my country, I don't know how other local fansub in another country did. I think it is best to wait until half of the week or Wednesday before posting it, because some people can already picture story even though they didn't understand what are they talking about. Tokusatsu plot is often simple and their relationship even can be guessed faster than western movies cause honorific or simple gesture.

I even still didn't understand the theory of time paradox behind Shinobi. If there is I understand that Shiro Woz didn't write the future but just run the future ahead of its time. Hence, Shinobi Miridewatch appeared because Rentaro show the possibility.

Huh, Den-O more easy to understand than this.

Lurker
Over-ti.me still not back to their usual pace, but some local fansub already subbed it in my country, I don't know how other local fansub in another country did. I think it is best to wait until half of the week or Wednesday before posting it, because some people can already picture story even though they didn't understand what are they talking about. Tokusatsu plot is often simple and their relationship even can be easily guessed cause honorific or simple gesture.

I even still didn't understand the theory of time paradox behind Shinobi. If there is I understand that Shiro Woz didn't write the future but just run the future ahead of its time. Hence, Shinobi Miridewatch appeared because Rentaro show the possibility.

Den-O more easy to understand than this.

I just noticed that the phrase Woz's belt says when transforming, which according to OverTime translates as "projecting future time", sounds like it says "Toei future time". I'm sure it's spelt differently in Japanese, but "Toei" sounds like the word for "projecting"? It honestly never occurred to me until now that the studio's name would be a wordplay pun.

I kinda wish we had seen more of Kamen Rider Shinobi. After his cool debut last week they didn't really keep the hype for him going. Which would be fine if we were never meant to see him again, but given that they've announced they're doing a mini web-series based on him you'd think they'd push him in both of these episodes.

Also, I like to believe that Shinobi's actor is the same character that he portrayed in Hero Mama League. :D

As far as the timing of thread creation goes, I would recommend that you make it after you have personally watched the episode. Don't feel like you have to get it done ASAP; After all, if someone just can't wait to discuss it then they can always hit that "post new thread" themselves instead of waiting for you to do it for them. Equally, if someone hasn't seen the episode yet then they will avoid looking at the thread until they have watched it. You can always put [SPOILERS] instead of [DISCUSSION] in the episode title if there's a big surprise in the episode.

So in 3 years, Rentaro will become Kamen Rider Shinobi... I guess I can excuse him looking the exact same in both that year and 2019.

Interestingly enough, when Zi-O premiered and explained how the Another Riders worked, I thought it was too confusing. Would have made more sense to have the returning Riders/Actors become corrupt monster before Zi-O restores them to their former glory. I guess they didn't scrap this direct method after all, which means Woz' watches work in a different way than Zi-O or Geiz' usual watches.

By the way, did anyone notice that Shinobi's belt is basically a recolored version of Zi-O/Geiz' belt? He just added a big shuriken accessory on top of it. I am guessing the next few one-off Riders will also be like this. I look forward to Kamen Rider Quiz, but I know that not every Heisei Rider before Zi-O had their own episode arcs. I hope we return to that as well.

By the way, did anyone notice that Shinobi's belt is basically a recolored version of Zi-O/Geiz' belt? He just added a big shuriken accessory on top of it. I am guessing the next few one-off Riders will also be like this.
I believe almost all of the armour pieces on the future Riders' suits were originally designed for previous Rider suits. They haven't actually cannibalized old suits, but they will have re-used those molds to create new pieces for these suits.

Most of Shinobi's armour is a basic Ghost/Specter suit, with shoulder pads and a helmet from the Ride Player design. Plus, as you said, a Ziku Driver from Zi-O. Give it some wrappings on the forearms and lower legs, a shuriken on the face and belt, add a scarf, and then finish it with a custom purple paint job.

Quiz seems to be almost entirely composed of hard parts originally molded for Ride Players, except for - again - the Ziku Driver, and topped with a hornless 'base form' Ghost helmet. They add question marks onto the belt and helmet, and add more unique colours and graphics.

I know there is at least one more future Rider, but I haven't looked up much them. I'm guessing they will follow the same format though; Hard pieces from a couple of recent Rider suit designs, with custom pieces on the forehead and belt, and unique coloration.