Sorry. But no. Many people, myself included, knew about sentai and toku LONG before there was a power rangers. For you to lump all fans together... Just don't.:redface2:

But your many, domestic wise, are in the few since the generations who were raised with Power Rangers and not anything prior ,which happen to be many here ans some around the globe, discovered sentai through PR . I recognize people knew about sentai and toku long before Power Rangers, hell, my dad loved Ultraman and Hawaiians had some of them too like the first 3 sentai series, Kamen Rider and Kikaider and some Ultra series.

In other countries , I'm sure that France got everything Japanese ,Brazil got it ,Central America , Thailand , S.Korea and Indonesia too. But the mainstream today only remembers Power Rangers and vaguely other series .

“For some reason?†How about “Sentai lost viewership because Saban wouldn't allow it to air in countries where Power Rangers was airing�

True, but why have two versions of the same overall series? It'd be like airing Golion and Voltron...oh ****.... that's what Korea did. Point is, having two shows with the same overall look as each other would divide the viewer base and confuse them .Toei agreed to it and probably seen that reason too, they would lose money from the deal if Power Rangers itself fell through from Sentai's airing.

Then again, some countries got to still keep Sentai, so maybe they could have negotiated to get them on instead? If it was on today, no doubt would Sentai be on instead of PR because of modern sensibilities.

Then again, some countries got to still keep Sentai, so maybe they could have negotiated to get them on instead?
I don't think it works that way; what happened, I guess, is that Saban preempted the rights of Sentai in the big countries (US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, etc). Consider that France, who managed to get Dorothee to guest star in both Liveman and Jiraiya, wasn't able to keep Sentai.

I don't think it works that way; what happened, I guess, is that Saban preempted the rights of Sentai in the big countries (US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, etc). Consider that France, who managed to get Dorothee to guest star in both Liveman and Jiraiya, wasn't able to keep Sentai.

That sucks. Why didn't they try to get it back when RPM got off the air ?

Lurker
“For some reason?” How about “Sentai lost viewership because Saban wouldn't allow it to air in countries where Power Rangers was airing”?

Yeah. I get the feeling that Saban doesn't want Sentai to be seen by many people because they'll figure out that PR is a watered-down, copied version off of Sentai.

Yeah. I get the feeling that Saban doesn't want Sentai to be seen by many people because they'll figure out that PR is a watered-down, copied version off of Sentai.

How it is today.... there is nothing he should be afraid of...

It's on the same level now, though sentai still is slightly better.

Everyone in the old days know PR is Japanese, especially because of Godzilla. Get that Saban!

Yeah. I get the feeling that Saban doesn't want Sentai to be seen by many people because they'll figure out that PR is a watered-down, copied version off of Sentai.[/QUO

most people already kinda know pr came from Japan........they really just don't care:sweat: