Actually back this time
When you purchase music do you prefer the instant convenience or reduced prices of digital downloads of an album, or do you prefer to buy a physical copy in a store?

In short, do you want to just have the digital files or do you want a tangible disc?

Banned
DD. Convenience over Tangibility.

Psychical media is dying out, and it won't be long until the idea of Digital Media Passes (allowing unlimited access to a whole catalog of Music, Movies, TV and maybe even games for a set period of time at a cost) come to be me thinks.

But you never know.

now Nerd Emperor
When (or IF :sweat:) I purchase, I would much rather have a physical copy of it. The thing I don't like about having digital files is that it can be lost due to hardware failures or stuff like that. Even if it's backed up to multiple places, all these digital storages have the chance of failing.

With a CD, I can easily just rip the music off from there and listen to it on my computer knowing I have a backup of it safely on my shelf. Accidentally scratching/breaking/dropping/etc. a CD is the least of my concerns as I'm always very careful... and I'd hardly ever touch the CD seeing I won't need to access it whenever I want to listen to it.

If given the choice, I'd rather do digital download. I only buy a CD if it's a band that I really like. Otherwise, digital download for me.

It's over 8,000!
I like my CDs. The CD is in my hand, I can make a digital version of it, I can compress it different ways, I can put it into a CD player, and I like all that. I'd rather have that over a digital download.

"あぁあぁっーー…!いぃやあ…あ"
CD is the way for me but I mostly just download music for free and make back up version to CD
But the bands I love the most I buy their CD

it really depends. if I really wish to support the artiste, I'd buy their CDs. if I only want just one of their songs w/o wasting my cash on an entire CD, I'd go for digital download. most of the time I'm DD-ing, so...

It stinks.
it really depends. if I really wish to support the artiste, I'd buy their CDs. if I only want just one of their songs w/o wasting my cash on an entire CD, I'd go for digital download. most of the time I'm DD-ing, so...

^ This.