Status
Not open for further replies.
PARTY HARD
Also, a word from MADAOmon for MADAOmon followers.

Vacations are over! We want to apologize about the delay of episodes 7-9 and I think it's time for an update about our status!

Episode 7 "Volcanic Digimon, Explodes" : Ready
Episode 8 "Fierce General Tactimon Closes In!" : Translation Check
Episode 9 "Dorulumon Runs in the Wind!": Translation

We will upload episodes 7-8 together, and episodes 8 and 9 separately.
Also we want to thank everyone for the e-mails and the comments in our blog about the releases :)
That motivates us to work harder :)

Dondokomon isn't useless, he does have a cross with shoutmon after all :p
Balistamon is awesome, he doesn't need character development, he's already too awesome :D

PARTY HARD
I am VERY hesitant, because this episode took up an hour of my day. But, after every episode, I do one. So without further ado...

The Super-Long, Super-Special Digimon Xros Wars 10 & 11 Review!! (ON HJU!!!!!)
Today's Title: Nene-sama, YOU'RE too hot for me...<3

To avoid spoilers, this review will be in HIDE tags.

[hide]Didja see it? Didja see it?! It was a one-hour special of Digimon Xros Wars, combining two episodes into one (but it’s still two)! For the past 9 episodes, Xros Heart explored three different Zones: Green Zone, Island Zone, and Magma Zone, three episodes each. Today, they arrived at the Lake Zone, a grassy and woodsy zone with a bunch of lakes, a huge one with a castle, Bastia Castle in the middle. But this zone took only two episodes! Well, I guess what I said about 3 being the minimum amount of episodes for each Zone was wrong, huh? lol

I’m going to try and make this review EXTRA longer than I do my other ones, so I’m gonna try and be sure to cover as much important and unimportant detail in these episodes. First off, you guys must’ve been talking about things like character development, right? Yeah, everyone had something, even Kiriha. So we’ll go in order of notable points: Taiki, Kiriha, Akari, and Zenjirou.

Taiki does it again with his overwhelming need to help someone, bringing back a nod to the first episode, in which Taiki hears the “dying music” of a Digimon. What is the reason for that, though? We saw a glimpse of that when Akari and Zenjirou tried to stop Taiki from helping Shoutmon and taking the Xros Loader, in which he was a child crying in the rain in front of a soccer ball. It was because of an incident when he failed to help someone he knew needed help, the trigger that made him want to help people whoever needed it.

“Whenever I saw his desk, it made my heart hurt. That’s what made me think. If I think even for a second not to turn my back on a person, then I must never turn my back on them ever. That’s why my body is always moving before I even realize it. In that moment…my heart goes back to that rainy day.” (Ryuu-Rogue)

Despite Taiki’s overwhelming optimism, you can tell that with each person (or Digimon) that needs help, he feels an overwhelming amount of guilt from that day, and it’s sort of like he wants to atone for that. Even the greatest hero is without fault. Still…I HAVE to see Taiki fail. How much development will he go through if he is taken to that point, when he fails to help someone and probably lose confidence in himself? A hero is never without fault, but is also not perfect enough to keep on going without falling along the way.

For the first time, Taiki and Kiriha have a casual conversation WITHOUT a show of animosity toward each other (in a way). Though Kiriha is shown to be more cold-hearted in most of his appearances, the fact that he can carry a small convo with another person shows that he is slightly more human than you think him to be (you know what I mean). But that doesn’t mean that he’s still not strong, especially in his battle against the IceDevimon troops. He still shows confidence in himself, but equally shows confidence in Taiki, his rival, while admitting his own mistakes, such as being unable to see through IceDevimon’s diversionary tactics before Xros Heart. It’s hard to make fun of him this episode because Kiriha doesn’t make any “yaoi” references since his first and second appearance before Taiki. But I don’t think that’ll stop the Japanese artists on Pixiv…

Akari begins to show a more selfish side to herself in this episode. While not having Taiki’s back, Akari constantly talks about wanting to go back home to her family. At first, you’d think that she wants to go home because she just hates the Digital World. There’s never just a simple reason like that, especially with how she watches Taiki and Zenjiro constantly as they do their roles in the second half of the episode. The only time she ever shined was when she went on a Mantaraymon killing spree in the first part of the Island Zone arc. But despite that, she reveals that she feels she isn’t needed by the others. Because Taiki is strong enough to go head-on and has the ability to DigiXros, and because Zenjiro not only can fight on his own with a weapon in his hand (Rare Star Sword, White PawnChessmon’s spear), but act as Taiki’s proxy and repair Ballistamon, Akari can only look at their backs instead of standing next to them.

Akari: “I’m going home. Because…I’m sick of being in the Digital World. Because…no one needs me here.”
Taiki: “Akari…Don’t say that no one needs you! I need you! Ever since we came to the Digital World, you’ve been holding me up this whole time! That’s why I need you!”
Akari: “…Me?”
Shoutmon: “That’s right! I need you too, Akari! So that I can become the Digimon King!”
Dorulumon: “For all our sakes, we need you, Akari!”
~
Taiki: “Akari, do you get it now?! Don’t say that no one needs you anymore!” (Ryuu-Rogue)

It is her feeling of doubt that leads to her fall by Lilithmon, but Taiki and the others show her that Akari is as important in Xros Heart as everyone else, reviving Akari’s spirit and removing her doubt. Also, there’s a little shipping (a term used by fans in any series nicknaming a “couple” scheme) hints in this scene. I wanna see Akari publically develop feelings for Taiki while he’s being all oblivious about it. lol

Zenjiro has proven to be a valuable asset since his ability to wield the Rare Star Sword, often fighting by Taiki’s side and holding his own. Though I mentioned it before, but Zenjiro also manages to act as Taiki’s replacement while the General is down, as well as juggling around his duties by also repairing Ballistamon. While not exactly much of a development since he started out, being mostly obnoxious and useless in the beginning, his roles within the team have grown tremendously, and he deserves a good amount of respect. Also, have you seen how built he is in the hot springs scene of the Magma Zone arc?! Isn’t he a 6th Grader?! Geez…

Last, but not least (certainly not! =D), Nene-sama shows a bit more of herself today (if only…lol). Before, she always says that “she likes strong boys,” but what is her reason? She is still a beautiful General shrouded in mystery, watching by the sidelines while having her Monitormon covertly spy on everyone. But today, it seems her true intentions are revealed as she labels Xros Heart a bit TOO powerful (or too hot) for her and turns to Blue Flare, Kiriha, asking him to join her team. She then reveals her Black Xros Loader (who wasn’t expecting this? lol) and one of the other Digimon in her army, Sparrowmon.

“You…who in the world are you?” (Ryuu-Rogue)

Now that we put character development aside, let’s head to the Digimon Analyzer. Digimon introduced today are PawnChessmon (White) and their commander, Knightmon, the princess Bastemon (known as Persiamon in English), Icemon (not to be confused with Insekimon/Meteormon, its Perfect form who has a VERY similar color scheme), IceDevimon, and the Legendary Warrior Daipenmon. Then we’ll touch on Baalmon and Lilithmon, who make their fighting debut in today’s special. Then there’s the minor appearance of Nene-sama’s Sparrowmon and the first actual form of MetalGreymon. And finally, Shoutmon's new DigiXros form!

PawnChessmon (White) is more known for its role in Digimon Savers, acting as Shirakawa Megumi’s (the dark-haired woman) partner in DATs. However, her partner was a complete mute, so she often did the talking for him. In Xros Wars, these Digimon act similarly to the Pickmonz, being able to work under Knightmon, and are given minor speaking roles.

Knightmon is a well-known Digimon who has often appeared in the series, first appearing in Digimon Adventure 02 trying to destroy the Destiny Stone (if I remember that right) under Arachnemon’s orders. Though having a minor appearance in Tamers, Knightmon appears again in Frontier loyally under LordKnightmon’s/Crusadermon’s command, and again in Savers serving the same role. He is now Taiki’s and Bastemon’s loyal follower and a member of Xros Heart after being saved from death by Taiki. His known attack so far in Xros Wars is a Unison Attack with his army of PawnChessmonz (White).
Checkmate Break: Under formation, the PawnChessmonz (White) and Knightmon perform an aura-powered stabbing attack that launches them toward the enemy.

Bastemon is commonly known as Persiamon to many English Digimon fans. Her name, Baste, comes from mythological cat goddess, Bastet. While described as one with a showy and sly personality, Bastemon in Xros Wars is an aloof and very cat-like Digimon, clinging to those she deems worthy of her. I haven’t seen a skimpy looking Digimon in anime media since….well, Angewomon and Fairymon/Shutumon (Kazemon/Zephyrmon in the dub). Oh yeah, there’s Rosemon, but y’know. lol Like Knightmon and his PawnChessmonz (White), she also leaves her post of Bastia Castle to join Xros Heart.

Icemon first appeared in the PS1 game, Digimon World, but makes their first anime appearance in Digimon Xros Wars. They are the official Adult form of Gotsumon, whose form they take but are of a whitish-blue color. Their Perfect form is Meteormon, with a pale/off-white color but is VERY similar-looking to Icemon. While showing no names for its attacks that it used against Bastia Castle, it is probably “Iceball Bomb”.

IceDevimon makes his Xros Wars appearance after his defeat in Tamers and Frontier, acting as Lilithmon’s commander. He is the first Digimon since Tactimon’s commanders to be a known Adult Digimon leading Baguramon’s forces, as Tactimon’s were often Perfect and/or Ultimate Digimon. However, unlike his predecessors, he falls faster to Xros Heart and is deemed unworthy by both Lilithmon and Baalmon. Like the other commanders, IceDevimon can also take on other forms by absorbing his some of his Lake Zone army, Icemon, known as “IceDevimon Reinforced Absorbant, turning his body into a bigger and buffer form. His only known attack was in this form, in which he shoots icicles from his mouth.

So…who really wasn’t expecting Daipenmon to make an appearance? Daipenmon is the Fusion Form/Advanced Hybrid of Chakmon/Kumamon and Blizzarmon/Korikakumon, though unlike Aldamon and Beowolfmon, it didn’t make an anime appearance in its respective series. It is considered an Ultimate (Mega)-class Digimon, ranking up with Neptunmon and AncientVolcamon while not actually commanding forces. Like IceDevimon, Daipenmon’s attacks aren’t named until its absorbed form, but its popsicles have the ability to take in whatever’s it hits while staying delicious and cold. By Lilithmon’s power, it is combined with IceDevimon to form IceDevimon-Daipenmon Reinforced Absorbant, which is Daipenmon with an IceDevimon-like appearance. Its known attack is…
Absolute Zero Hellish Ice Crusher: IdDRA (it’s too long of a name) creates a blizzard of shaved ice by turning the ice shaver handle on its head.

While not exactly making their appearance debut, Baalmon and Lilithmon demonstrates their abilities for the first time. Firstly, Baalmon joins the battle as a mercenary for Lilithmon. The long bandaged arm on his right is actually a long sleeve, hiding what looks like a double-barreled short shotgun, similar to Beelzebumon’s, that can fire at a rapid pace. He is very fast and agile and is capable of high-speed movement. Lilithmon, while not fighting directly, has an ability to control others through hypnotism, though one medium was through the use of a mirror. She uses Akari’s doubted feelings to get her the Code Crown. Her commonly said phrase is, “I’m going to explode…” when she’s upset or angered.

Nene-sama attempts to persuade Kiriha by revealing her Black Xros Loader, as well as one of her Digimon, the yellow Latios/as-looking Digimon Sparrowmon. It has the undeniably cute voice that makes me replay the video over and over! But what can Sparrowmon do? It must be an undeniably strong Digimon if it says that it can destroy Kiriha.

MetalGreymon made its first appearance when messing up some of the Bagura Army, but was shadowed and unnamed at the time. Its first actual and battle appearance, but second overall, was in this episode, making it look A LOT better than its toy counterpart. It retains Greymon’s gargly voice and its predecessor’s original attacks.
Trident Arm: Attacks with its metallic arm.
Giga Destroyer: Unleashes a hell of beams from its MailBirdramon wings.

And then, there's the Digimon EVERYONE'S talking about!......Dondokomon. No, I'm kidding. Shoutmon gains a new DigiXros! In the heat of the moment, Taiki DigiXroses Shoutmon, Ballistamon, Dorulumon, Starmon and Pickmonz, and NOW Knightmon and his PawnChessmonz (White) to make this awesome motherfucker! Shoutmon X4 Knight retains its base form, but the Star Sword's blade takes up the appearance of Knightmon's, giving its red shape a straight edge with a golden base down the middle. It also obtains a cape reminiscent to Omegamon's and a shield on its left arm with the Xros Heart insignia. It proves to be a very powerful Digimon that can stand up to IdDRA's Absolute Zero attack. Its main attack is...
Burning Star Crusher: With one downward slash, it forms a V-Shaped slash that can ultimately wound or destroy the enemy in one hit.

Finally, we’ll talk about the episode overall. Well, episodes. The last part of the arc often resolute everything and brings it all to a close. While Episode 10 seemed to be a bit as slow as the other first and second episodes of each arc, it has its better points. It opens up half of the character development possibilities for the entire arc, the other half hitting its following episode. Normally, the intro and mid parts of the arcs don’t do that, but, this was the first. But the second half made me realize Akari’s potential and how important she is to the others, even though she doesn’t physically do anything. It also reveals a bit of Nene-sama’s true colors.

Now that that's done, let's head to the main event to see if you've been keeping up with Digimon Xros Wars! Of course, you probably have, but even the smallest detail requires a bit of attention, even at the small tidbits pointed out in this thread! You ready?

Digimon 10-and-Up-Episode Xros Wars Quiz!!
Each question will refer to one episode each, making 11 questions total.​

1. In the anime, Taiki played which sports club for a friend?
a) Soccer
b) Basketball
c) Kendo
Bonus: In the manga, which sport club did Taiki join?

2. What is a changed feature for Neptunmon?
a) His mouth
b) His spear
c) His mom
Bonus: What Digimon group does Neptunmon belong to?

3. What is the name of the Digital World delicacy that Shoutmon goes gaga over?
a) DigiNoir
b) DigiNuts
c) DigiSeeds
Bonus: In their debut, what were they used for?

4. What caused the strange pillars to shoot out from Shoutmon's village?
a) A natural occurance
b) MadLeomon
c) Drimogemon
Bonus: What were those strange pillars called?

5. What is the notable difference between Xros Wars Lilithmon and the original Lilithmon?
a) Her hair
b) Her right arm
c) Her dress

6. What Digimon level does Archelomon belong to?
a) Armor Digimon
b) Perfect Digimon
c) Super Ultimate Digimon
Bonus: What Digimon does Archelomon come from, and how does it evolve?

7. What ability does Cutemon have?
a) Cutemon can't do anything
b) Cutemon can heal
c) Cutemon is super strong

8. What are Tactimon's cannons on his back called?
a) Tanegashima
b) Muramasa
c) Kotetsu
Bonus: Where does the name come from?

9. What Digimon did MadLeomon absorb in his second battle?
a) Sandiramon
b) Susanoomon
c) Orochimon
Bonus: What is the name of that form?

10. What is Dorulumon's deepest secret?
a) He took Cutemon's parents
b) Another partner's Digimon
c) A former Bagura Army soldier
Bonus: What did he used to wear?

11. Why did Akari want to go back home?
a) She likes Taiki
b) She's better than Xros Heart
c) She feels unneeded
Bonus: Who did Lilithmon impersonate to call Akari to her?

Well, that's it for now! A quiz will be posted every 10 or more episodes (next quiz on Episode 20 if not a special) to keep you on your toes, meaning there will be 20 questions in the next quiz! Thank you for reading this review, and my past reviews! So what am I going to say next?[/hide]
Nene-samaiswhereitsatposter.jpg

Edit: Also, as an added treat, I took some screencaps via VLC for you guys of my personal favorite moments! The original files are wallpaper size (1280x720), so if you wish for a wallpaper, let me know!

[hide]vlcsnap-2010-09-16-16h15m19s61.png
vlcsnap-2010-09-16-17h49m43s192.png[/hide]

Status
Not open for further replies.