[TALK] Did anyone else buy their Legacy morpher for $57.99 instead of $49.99 at TRU?

Hello,

I was lucky enough to buy one of the Legacy morphers from my local Toys R Us, but the pre-tax price was $57.99 instead of $49.99... I mean seeing the alterntive it's a good price.. I was just wondering if it's system-wide or not.

I am the law
Welcome to Toys R Us....or "We don't know the meaning of the term 'MSRP' or the meaning of the word 'Clearance.'

This is nothing new with TRU...they'll mark up prices on collectors items if they find they are hot sellers, because they know fanboys will still pay the jacked up price. Especially if those items are TRU exclusives.

Space Ninja
Certain TRU stores are intentionally more expensive than others, with of course the Times Square store at the pinnacle of insane prices. The store you went to might have been one of them, some manager decided to bump the price up, or this is going to end up being a chainwide increase. They're not nearly common enough at this point to be sure.

PARTY HARD
Correction. Not just Times Square. All the Toys R Us in NYC are super expensive. Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, etc.

I bought a Transformers Prime DX figure for someone here to trade, but its price was at $20, what you'd expect from Times Square. Except this is in Queens.

so is the legacy morpher a toys r us exclusive? cause the one in my area doesn't have them yet although they put in an order for it to stock but there's two things I'm wondering about them, 1. how much of it is die cast and 2. how are you supposed to get the dragon coin

Budou though
the box says only at toys r us exclusive.
the coins are die cast. the grey part of the morper is die cast. not sure about the handle and back. the red part is obviously plastic.
no one knows about that dragon coin or even white tiger coin

the box says only at toys r us exclusive.
the coins are die cast. the grey part of the morper is die cast. not sure about the handle and back. the red part is obviously plastic.
no one knows about that dragon coin or even white tiger coin

thanks for answering my questions

Kamen Rider Beserker
have they said if they are going to release it outside the us yet, cause its killing me that just because i live in the uk i cant get it unless i want to buy it of ebay for 3 - 4 times the store price

have they said if they are going to release it outside the us yet, cause its killing me that just because i live in the uk i cant get it unless i want to buy it of ebay for 3 - 4 times the store price

no idea since most US TRU stores only get a single case of the legacy morphers it's a hard enough find in some parts of the US as is.

one more thing I actually got mine at the MSRP of $49.99