Lurker
I remember a while back Steve Wang or someone said that Adness was trying to fund another Kamen Rider adaptation. Whatever happened to that? While I'll admit Dragon Knight had a lot of problems, I did however enjoy it. With better promotion I think it could have done a lot better.

Has anyone heard anything? I know it's probably a longshot but I figured I'd post something since I know Keith is in contact with a lot of those guys.

Read my smart post
No one watched it. Networks don't want to take a chance with a show that had such awful ratings. I admit I hated Dragon Knight, I think adapting Ryuki was stupid because they justed wanted more toys on the shelves, but I would like to see it given a second chance

I remember in one of the conventions Steve Wang basically said he would like to, but didn't have the money

Banned
No.

They're not abandon Kamen Rider. Right now they don't have a fund to doing another kamen rider series, that's why.

Banned
No one watched it. Networks don't want to take a chance with a show that had such awful ratings. I admit I hated Dragon Knight, I think adapting Ryuki was stupid because they justed wanted more toys on the shelves, but I would like to see it given a second chance

I remember in one of the conventions Steve Wang basically said he would like to, but didn't have the money

How many networks don't want to take chance? Can you named them, MMPR? I remember in back of my memory lane that Cartoon Network was supposed to put Kamen Rider on that block! :eyebrow:

Um..how much money that cost to produce the kamen rider series? :hmm:

In Justice, We Trust!
No.

They're not abandon Kamen Rider. Right now they don't have a fund to doing another kamen rider series, that's why.

Uhhhh but didn't Addness say they weren't planning to do another Kamen Rider any time soon?

Mad Skillz
Uhhhh but didn't Addness say they weren't planning to do another Kamen Rider any time soon?
Seems to be it. They're not the most successful company from what I gather, and I find it hard to believe they would want to go out and produce another series when the first one apparently didn't do too well in its target market.

Read my smart post
How many networks don't want to take chance? Can you named them, MMPR? I remember in back of my memory lane that Cartoon Network was supposed to put Kamen Rider on that block! :eyebrow:

Um..how much money that cost to produce the kamen rider series? :hmm:

It really is common sense. A Kamen Rider TV show would have to appeal to kids, and kids in North America have no fucking clue with KR is. There are a couple fans on the internet, but we're not enough.

Since there already has been a KR show in a decent timeslot and network, it would only be logical that they aren't going to bother. And if people say it was the promotion, the networks aren't going to spend a high amount of money with increased promotion to hope the show reaches its potential. At least Power Rangers has some significance in North America.

I never heard the Cartoon Network thing though

Banned
Did they? No.
Do the have the funds to do another right now? No.

We can always hope that Nick might come knocking and we get a Western Super Hero Time block.......but thats all we, as fans, can do at this point.

Last edited:
Banned
It really is common sense. A Kamen Rider TV show would have to appeal to kids, and kids in North America have no fucking clue with KR is. There are a couple fans on the internet, but we're not enough.

Since there already has been a KR show in a decent timeslot and network, it would only be logical that they aren't going to bother. And if people say it was the promotion, the networks aren't going to spend a high amount of money with increased promotion to hope the show reaches its potential. At least Power Rangers has some significance in North America.

I never heard the Cartoon Network thing though

You're right. In this generation, kids have no clue what KR is. It's just that..I don't understand why tv networks doesn't want to take Kamen Rider on their block? Or perhaps they don't want to do it? Ever since people are going to compare Kamen Rider to Power Rangers.

Since you never heard the Cartoon Network thing, because I visited website four years ago and found the logo of Cartoon Network stamped on Kamen Rider.

Maybe I thought Cartoon Network had picked it up, but I was wrong. Instead, 4kids picked it up.....:redface2: