Did Adness abandon Kamen Rider?

Why don't they just dub the series and bring it here raw? Screw the extra production costs of hiring American actors and worrying about the hassle of Japanese vs American footage when you can just air it as is.

That would definitely turn a lot of people off. Myself included.

Sentaifan'07 Xman

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
I agree. As much as I would love to see an English dub of each Kamen Rider series, it would considered a real turn-off for the fans.

Bigdog

I agree. As much as I would love to see an English dub of each Kamen Rider series, it would considered a real turn-off for the fans.

But the show if it came in the US would not targeted towards the fans, only a little bit. Most kids haven't heard of the series and if they did probably either know the Japanese original from being in Japan from their parents being in the military ,live on the Western coast or have seen Dragon Knight.

You could do anything with the franchise at this point ,even dubbing it sounds attractive over not having it here altogether. But even I want an American twist to the series ,maybe even recreate the original through a modern series. There had to be some reason why it and V3 were so well received by Hawaiians and Japanese alike.

For that concept I'd use Faiz or perhaps create an American update to the series with all new footage using the First suits minus the shocker ones which can be CG'd.

But if you are talking cost, I'd use Faiz and Double or even Kuuga/Agito. Kuuga would need some reworking but in general the series would be a prime candidate for adaptation.

Sentaifan'07 Xman

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
But the show if it came in the US would not targeted towards the fans, only a little bit. Most kids haven't heard of the series and if they did probably either know the Japanese original from being in Japan from their parents being in the military ,live on the Western coast or have seen Dragon Knight.

You could do anything with the franchise at this point ,even dubbing it sounds attractive over not having it here altogether. But even I want an American twist to the series ,maybe even recreate the original through a modern series. There had to be some reason why it and V3 were so well received by Hawaiians and Japanese alike.

For that concept I'd use Faiz or perhaps create an American update to the series with all new footage using the First suits minus the shocker ones which can be CG'd.

But if you are talking cost, I'd use Faiz and Double or even Kuuga/Agito. Kuuga would need some reworking but in general the series would be a prime candidate for adaptation.

Good point.

Bigdog

Good point.

What Adness should do is either pitch an animated (anime-esque) version of the original alongside an adaptation of a recent series.

My picks for adaptations would be:

Kuuga/Agito duology: This I haven't thought of and since I know nothing of it besides the first episode , I can't say anything for it. But with it's looks it can easily be TNG of the Masked Rider or perhaps a mythical themed one surrounding ancient history/ cyborg conflicts like in the first series. Could be well left alone in exception to minor updates/touch-ups/remasterings to the 10 year old footage. You might as well skip this if the budget perecived in doing this is outrageous for the revamp.

Blade/Kiva mashup: Use the concept of Ryuki for every rider for themselves , mesh it with the mystical and medieval concpet of Vampire and monster hunters , and have some of the riders being monsters fighting against IXA / The Hunters whilst combating X Villains ,thus creating dynamic series. This is basically VR Troopers but much better as new footage can be filmed to put the Riders into the same scenes .

Faiz/Den-O/Double trilogy arc: While Den-O seems highly unlikely for to be apart with Faiz or Double, you have to consider that adaptations do not have to keep the story or tone. Look at Dino Thunder , MMPR, In Space , Beetleborgs and RPM as examples. Besides that they have similar looks to them , possibly utilizing the futuristic looks of Faiz like a Time Force Kamen Rider whose technology evolves into Den-O much like the Thunderzords. Double's concpet can be of an experimental procedure that gives riders of Den-O a power on the cost of sharing the same body. You could even swap Den-O for Kabuto if needed.

Wheatley

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
What Adness should do is either pitch an animated (anime-esque) version of the original alongside an adaptation of a recent series.

This.

The latter could be used as a backup in case the animated series fails.

Darkster

It's over 8,000!
If you really want to adapt the series , put the best foot forward and use all the resources at your disposal to make it your own , keeping tidbits of story and concepts you'd think would make the series stand out . Then , make sure to go to the best channel and if there's merchandise to clamp down on the quality of it to make it on par or better than the competition.

We want it, but Adness really is just waiting because Dragon Knight was somewhat successful, but it did not build up the momentum they wanted. If it had attracted many more viewers and it had great toy sales without being restricted, then the company could easily continue with more adaptations.

I say they do as you mentioned and that they should keep the main concepts but change the story to something that is their own, move to a less restrictive network, and improve the quality of the merchandise. People like awesome fights and special effects that aren't made less effective by the edits. People like creativity that isn't limited by "it's a kid's show." People like their toys/action figures to be of a quality that does not resemble a cheap knock-off version sold for $2 a piece.

I hope that Adness doesn't just wait until the resources fall onto their laps and I hope they actually get out there and get some work done. Dragon Knight did well. They can do better.

Medivh

You know, I've actually wondered how difficult it would be to make the arrangements to hire on a team like OoZ or TV-N and actually SUB the stuff.

There's always been a strong push, at least here in america, to ensure kids are literate. Admittedly reading subtitles is a bit tough, but with the advent (no pun intended) of TiVo and other digital recording media, it's possible to rewind back if you miss a subtitle. Not to mention the possibilities with digital downloads.

The only concern I'd have would be it killing the fansubbing community, which I certainly wouldn't want. I'm not sure what taking away a group/paying them and providing them with greater resources would do to the rest of the community.

DekaThunder Rider

The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
I`m going to be optimistic and say that we may get another KR adaption.Yes,I know I`ve said that before..just call me Captain Redundant:)

So,my guess would be the next adaption will be of Kiva,entitled Kamen Rider Dark Warrior.
Why Kiva?Because vampires are the in-thing right now.Sadly,the producers might be tempted to get a Robert Pattison look-a-like because they know the premise of a brooding vampire superhero would get all the tween girls to watch.
That wouldn`t entirely be a bad thing..it would definitely bring in the ratings.But the actor chosen would have to be exactly like the aforementioned Mr. Pattison,both in looks and the douchebag personality.

Medivh

I would prefer quality translations in official releases.

Very true. Hopefully and theoretically any issues with quality or accuracy in terms of translations and things would be solved by having the money and resources to make sure everything was correct and good-looking.

Darkster

It's over 8,000!
They pay this one lady for nothing in MBC America. Timing is all over the place, I can see the non-translated parts at times, and there are many mistranslations done on purpose. It's those people who like to have their names on things by changing things as much as they can. They call it being artful, but it's wrong. Now some people don't do that, but honest translators and honest editors are more difficult to find these days and they usually will cost more to be employed because they actually are good.

Back to the fansub thing, companies don't hire fansub groups because of inaccuracies and image. Qualifications that go on resumes actually take a large part as well.

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts