Details Revealed For Netflix’s Resident Evil TV Show

Staff member
It was 2019 — yes, before the pandemic — when Netflix first announced they had picked up the rights to make a Resident Evil live-action TV series. Resident Evil has had all sorts of media adaptions throughout its 25-plus years of existence; the ones shepherded by Capcom in Japan tend to be more faithful to the lore of the games, while the ones America comes up with tend…not to be. From what we learned about the Netflix show today, it plans to continue the latter tradition.
reshow.jpgCourtesy of Netflix
The above image isn’t from a CW series, it’s the cast of the self-titled “Resident Evil,” and leading that cast is Jade Wesker, daughter of series villain Albert Wesker. No, it isn’t canon that Wesker has a kid. But unlike her nasty dad, Jade wants to fix his mess — the zombie apocalypse he caused that ended up killing her sister (Albert had TWO kids!)
The Resident Evil show will take place in two timelines: one in 2036 where...

Continue reading...

Bob

Bob
I'm not sure what to make of this one.
As a major fan of the Resident Evil franchise, I find it ridiculous that they modified so much from the source material for no apparent reason.
Fans of the Game despise Alice from the movies, and now they're creating new characters for them to despise.
It's detrimental and pointless not to follow any source material; the directors should focus on the source materials, but they won't because they're not fans, to begin with. They could have made a canonical series focusing on characters who had been sidelined in the games. Do they want diversity? Make the series about Sheva or Ada.

Why is Wesker Black? Instead, he should not be Albert Wesker and should have been a different Wesker. I am all for diversity but not for replacing established characters because the results are always polarizing.

They don’t look like Resident Evil characters. They look like a mix between The Matrix and Keeping up with the Kardashians.