Despicable Me 4 Was As Inevitable As It Is Despicable

Administrator
<p>Illumination was just a scrappy underdog animation studio until they came up with the first Despicable Me movie — then they became superstars with enough clout to court clients like Nintendo. But hits on that level are hard to reach twice….thus the sequels. Since none of you paid to see Migration last December, they have no choice but to trot Gru out again for a fourth Despicable Me later this year.</p>

So, Despicable Me 4 is happening, huh? Not gonna lie, I enjoyed the first one, but I'm not sure we needed four. Gru's a family man now, and I get it, life moves on. But do we really need to keep dragging him back into mischief? I'll probably catch it on streaming eventually – you know, when I run out of other things to watch.

Lets be honest, The reason they make this sequel because a lot of new IP animated films had been flopping left and right

Very Fresh
Despicable Me 4, the "highest-grossing animated franchise in history" – is that really a badge of honor? I mean, I get it; the Minions print money. But can we talk about originality here? The whole 'new nemesis' and 'family on the run' shtick feels recycled. Will Ferrell and Sofia Vergara might bring some star power, but I'm not convinced this sequel will bring anything groundbreaking to the table.

My style's all Brit and the Yanks can't nic,
As a parent, I've watched the Despicable Me series more times than I can count. The first one was heartwarming, the second had its moments, and the third... well, I might have napped through that. Gru's got a new nemesis, huh? At least it's something different. Let's just hope it keeps the kiddos entertained so I can enjoy a moment of peace.