She had cancer(?) and got some time off to be treated, of course the producers thought it would take the rest of the series for her to be treated so they got Kohana to replace her.....even though Hana got better before the filming of the Finale IIRC
I always heard that Shiratori left due to being overstressed from the job. The illness sounds more like what happened with the actress who played Hiyori on Kabuto.

is now a pony, it seems.
*sigh* I get the whole Hana thing, but it still makes my head hurt. Den-O's concept of time still makes little sense to me. 0_o

is now a pony, it seems.
At least Kiva had a more traditional sense of time. Not the whole memories=time thing. *Tries to wrap head around that*

At least Kiva had a more traditional sense of time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQSj3R3Hr38"]Metal Gear Solid 3-"Time Paradox"(Death Music) - YouTube[/ame]

...and I'm now tempted to say:

"Tendou/Wataru...you can't do that...the future will be changed...you'll create a time paradox!!!"

always henshining'
I always heard that Shiratori left due to being overstressed from the job. The illness sounds more like what happened with the actress who played Hiyori on Kabuto.

yea i never heard anything about cancer either.

Lurker
Maybe not cancer, but her japanese wikipedia page says (from what I could understand), that she had to leave the business for a while to treat some kind of illness.