Deleted Scenes From Turning Red

Staff member
Why should you buy Turning Red even though you can see it on Disney+? Because the version you can actually own, instead of rent, comes with all sorts of bonus features and extra content you can’t see any other way. The exception are these deleted scenes, which you can see even if you have no Disney+ subscription (something had to be dangled out there to entice people).

In an earlier version of the story, Mei was running for student body president — a situation that would have pushed her into public view and made the involuntary panda transformation that much more stressful. Did the movie need it? Not really. So it was cut.

This next scene revolves around another dropped plot — Mei’s family’s temple being in danger of foreclosure by the bank. Everything Everywhere All At Once would wind up using this as a source of tension and it was released not too far from Turning Red’s release date. Had both films done this, there would have been a lot of “why does every...

Continue reading...

My love is electrifying from above
Reminds me of the deleted scenes of frozen that were never animated because it portray Elsa as Evil.

I understand why they got deleted because they will contradict with the narrative. It is also shocking that Mei originally have a different name and has a Male Cousin as an enemy instead of Tyler.

Sentai collector
I didn't know there was a connection between Turning Red and the Michelle Yeoh movie. Is that why they left out the part with the temple threatened with foreclosure? I would want to see how that turned out too. The movie is a good one and these additional scenes make it even more interesting.

Future Squid Game winner
Another deleted scene, Mei is suppose to have a cousin rival but it was removed and replaced by Tyler.

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
It used to be if we wanted to find out about deleted scenes I would probably read about them in an entertainment magazine. Then someone came up with the idea of reselling a film in the "unedited version". That's a genius marketing strategy. Also, I kind of like that because if I view and unedited version, I'm the one who gets to make the "censorship" decision.

Another genius marketing strategy would be showing "alternate endings". I have often watched a film and thought: 'I don't like the way that ended.' Wouldn't it great to see alternate endings? They could probably make extra money selling alternate endings. LOL.

♡♡♡♡♡♡
This movie reminds me of the estranged relationship I have with my mom. She is too strict and religious and it made my childhood miserable because I just want to be me.