Welcome
No idea if this has already been posted.If so, I posted it again.
9453.jpg
Death Note (デスノート, Desu Nōto?) is a manga series created by writer Tsugumi Ohba and manga artist Takeshi Obata. The main character is Light Yagami, a high school student who discovers a supernatural notebook, the "Death Note", dropped on Earth by a god of death named Ryuk. It centers around Light's attempt to create and rule a world "cleansed of evil" as "God" using the notebook and the efforts of a detective known as L, to stop him. The Death Note grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose name they know, by writing the name in the notebook while picturing their face.

Read my smart post
Loved the anime, one of my favorite television shows in general. I never thought a show could keep my attention with no fight scenes or action, but this one did. I really didn't like the dub, the sub was way better. I never read the manga, would like to though, if I ever find the complete manga boxset I will buy it.

Welcome
It's the only TV show that's gotten me thinking so much.Too bad I read some Youtube comments from AMVs before I finished the series. :\

The new Tendou Souji
I love the L half but, the 2nd half completely ruined it for me. I did hear though, that the 2nd half cut out like, half the manga during animation so maybe I'll go back and read it someday.

Read my smart post
I love the L half but, the 2nd half completely ruined it for me. I did hear though, that the 2nd half cut out like, half the manga during animation so maybe I'll go back and read it someday.

Yea, that second half was pretty horrendous. I didn't know the second half of the manga was cut out

>.
I'll stay this to start. I'm still waiting on a god damned detective wars novel!! They really shouldn't keep hinting at that if they aren't gonna actually do it!

as far as things outside the novel goes, I enjoyed the anime a bit more than the manga. And I liked the movie quite a bit as well. A sadly I haven't seen Change the worLd yet. But seeing as it's about L I'm bound to love it.

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
I was not a fan of the second half myself. I did enjoy most everything regarding Light but I never grew to even partially like Mello and Near.

Over all though Death Note is one of my favorite animes. It had a stellar dub IMO, which doesn't happen very much these days. I really need to pick up the boxsets.

Lurker
Same here, I didn't really like the second part as much as the first part. I had to forced myself to continue reading the second half about halfway through the second part. I never actually finished the anime, I skimmed though most of it. Along with the movies (except for Changed the worLd, which I watched completely)

I do agree the Light went insane.

I'm not afraid to say this. You can tell me that I never should have posted here if I only have negative things to say, you can tell me to get out, I don't care. The truth is...
I HATE Death Note!
Absolutely hate the series. I honestly didn't care if I missed it or not. And I won't be picking up the manga ever. And I'll tell you why...

Well, Light was comepletely insane by the second part...

I am glad you used the keyword COMPLETELY there. Some say he went inside in the later half, but I say he was ALWAYS insane. To clarify, the minute he embraced a life with the Death Note and started calling himself god and started believing he could create a perfect world, he was definitely insane. So in other words, he didn't
*go insane* by the second half, he reached the HEIGHT of insanity by that point. Some call this anime one of the most original creations of its time, but I say it's just the anime version of a young school kid's lament from not being popular, being bullied, and so fourth. We all have moments of frustration where we just want to kill someone, but we're not suppose to act on it or genuinely believe it would make the world better.

To me, Death Note follows the villian's tale. Yes, Light is a villain, don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. L was more of the personification of justice than Light could ever hope to be. Creating a world where you kill people for wrong doings? That's not a perfect world! That's a world where people are afraid to act out in the slightest because *Kira might kill them*! I'm sorry, but blood for blood is not justice. It's not. So when Light died the way he did, I did not feel sorry for him. In fact, I saw it coming. I've seen it based on history and other stories of people like him. I didn't pity him when it happened, either. For every person he killed so coldly, he deserved what he had coming. I'm not wishing death on him, as I would never sincerely wish death on anyone, but I knew he would have to face the things he's done. Our world might not be perfect, but his idea of utopia was a joke.

And I liked the movie quite a bit as well. A sadly I haven't seen Change the worLd yet. But seeing as it's about L I'm bound to love it.

Funny thing is, I actually saw the movies. The one thing I liked about them was that L saw through Light and brought him down instead of being outwitted and killed. That's the only thing I liked about the Death Note movies and Death Note in general. I might actually like L: Change The World if I ever get the chance to see it.

...Sorry to rant so much there. This anime just gets under my skin that much. :shakefist