If you want people to buy your books, STOP FUCKING SPOILING THEM! I am sorry this is just getting god damn ridiculous. We have spoilers for a book that hasn't even been announced yet... The last thing we need is a speculation market.

Heh...killing off people, spoilers, new and controversial costumes...I do believe this is what they call 'grasping at straws'.

Incidentally, what did they spoil now? Hoping it's not Fear Itself. Aside from Thor and Odin acting like whiny jerks, I'm actually enjoying it.

Heh...killing off people, spoilers, new and controversial costumes...I do believe this is what they call 'grasping at straws'.

Incidentally, what did they spoil now? Hoping it's not Fear Itself. Aside from Thor and Odin acting like whiny jerks, I'm actually enjoying it.
Death of (Ultimate) Spider-Man to the NY Post. Also if anyone big dies in Fear Itself you bet they will spoil the hell out of it.

Honestly I am looking more forward to Flashpoint now just because DC isn't going around spoiling verything.

Flashpoint....Do Want.....so bad. But I just wonder what Marvel's train of thought is for this spoiler business. I understand that some people may go:

"WOW! Who would have thought (insert something happening or someone dying here) would happen! I gotta know just how it happened! *runs out to buy the comics and trades*"

But most of us will go:

"Hmph. So (insert something happening or someone dying here) eh? All right. I know that now, maybe I'll pick it up in Trade, but eh. Wait until it's on the bargain bin. (insert some explanation of the writer being sub-par or some failing or flaw they had here.) after all."

Okay I guess that's a bit of a generalization, but the idea still stands. We're comic fans. All we really WANT to know is the major plot-point so we can store it in our mini-computer brains for future reference/nerd debate. By spoiling it, they're ensuring a bunch of us DON'T need to pick up that issue. I just don't get the logic. If there's any to be had at all.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
This thread is really amusing. I don't even think Marvel ever heard of Henshin Justice.

Do me a favor... go to Marvel.com Forums and tell them to stop the damn spoilers.

Lurker
At least now Bendis' post-Ultimatium gurantees are suddenly making a lot of sense...

Death of (Ultimate) Spider-Man to the NY Post. Also if anyone big dies in Fear Itself you bet they will spoil the hell out of it.

Honestly I am looking more forward to Flashpoint now just because DC isn't going around spoiling verything.

The name of the arc is "Death of Spider-Man". We've known that for awhile.

What exactly were you expecting to happen?

We still don't know how he finally dies, or anything leading up to this new character, but you're mad that they're saying 'we are killing Spider-Man" months after they announced an arc called "Death of Spider-Man"?

The name of the arc is "Death of Spider-Man". We've known that for awhile.

What exactly were you expecting to happen?

We still don't know how he finally dies, or anything leading up to this new character, but you're mad that they're saying 'we are killing Spider-Man" months after they announced an arc called "Death of Spider-Man"?
No my issue is that something like this is traditionally what you get at the end of the story. It is a combination teaser and twist, the big last page reveal. And I am willing to bet that a lot of comic readers look forward to these type reveals, and Marvel is spoiling that for them.

Lurker
Marvel havent spoiled what happens to Peter ("Death" could simply mean retirement as far as we know) there just telling consumers not to expect the same old once the story concludes

Read my smart post
That's why i'm trying to stop reading so much Marvel and DC and i'm planning to start reading more independent labels like Darkhorse, IDW and Image. Most of the small titles actually care about the story!! Which blew me away, I was reading Buffy season 8 and they killed characters and had all kinds of secrets which they tried their hardest to not tell anyone. As opposed to Marvel who just fucking care about book sales and don't give a **** about their story

Good thread.