Dead Island 2 comes back from the grave 8 years later!

Dead Island 2 having a new trailer is something I never expected. I thought this highly anticipated sequel was now shovel ware. The last time I saw a trailer for this sequel was in 2014. The cast of Stranger Things is not yet taller than me during those times.
Since the hiatus of this Dead Island 2 has been two years short of being a decade, they tried to redeem themselves by dropping not one but two trailers.
This franchise had experienced multiple delays and hardships, but no developmental hell stopped it from making an impact. I have a nagging feeling this sequel will deliver.
Dead Island 2 Official Trailer

Dead Island 2 Official Gameplay trailer

To refresh your mind what this game look like in early development back in 2014, Here is the last trailer they released  back in 2014.  I gave up waiting for Dead Island 2 after the 8 years of silence...

Continue reading...

Is that Sam B from the first game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Without any justification, this trailer strikes me as being incredibly horrific, revolting, brutal, and vile. I started crying because it is so breathtakingly gorgeous. I eagerly anticipate my next opportunity to slay zombies decked out in swimsuits.

I am jumping this point, the fact that we do in fact have a release date brightens my f***ing day. I felt this way when I saw a Duke Nukem forever trailer years ago.

Don't be Jealous of my Boogie
I can't wait to play this game once it's made available to the stores and the fact that the gameplay video and the CGI trailer for its re-announcement are released on the same day makes it even better. After over ten years of torturous anticipating it, the sequel has finally been released. We can only hope that the waiting period wasn't in vain.

This game invented clickbait marketing. They have these emotionally sad trailers making you believe this is going to be a sad emotional game to play. I thought I will have the balance between drama and horror.
People even analyse these trailers but they are nothing like the final product.

They love using trailers that are nothing like the final product of the game. How can I trust Dead Island 2 if the first game scammed me and promised me an emotional game but I end up with a generic action shooter.

Ada Finally Waited!
I wonder if we will know what happened to the Survivors of the first game. I want to see Logan, Sam B, Xian Yu and Purna.

1,000th Member :)
You mean Xian Mei, Xian mei is the name of the receptionist survivor and not Xian Yu. I can understand why you forget though because it has been years. I only remember the first game exist because of the trailer of Dead Island 2.

The sequel was originally planned to be open world but I think that is what got it in developmental hell. Changing direction is the only way to make it happen.

I sincerely hope the game is good and not a total disaster given the studio transition, the rocky development process, and how long it has been cooking. Most projects in purgatory development fail as a result of their unclear direction.

Complete Global saturation
The original plan is to be set in the whole California but now the setting is just L.A because its the most attainable thing to do.