DC Comics Solicitations January 2023

Staff member
If Final Crisis was the big event of 2022, what’s in store for 2023? The January DC Comics solicitations have the answer. Things are about to get nuts.
You are familiar with Lazarus Pits, correct? If not, let us explain that they’re pits of unknown chemicals deep underground that keep Ras Al Ghul from aging. But they do more than that, as….EVERYBODY in the DCU is about to find out. The Lazarus Volcano is erupting and showering its stuff everywhere, giving some Earthlings powers and enhancing the powers of others. At least four stand-alone books are hitting the market detailing these events, to be released one per week.
The first is Lazarus Planet: Alpha, coming January 10. The superhero community has their hands full dealing with all the newly powered humans zooming around. Damian Wayne is teaming up with Power Girl, Cyborg, Batman and even Poison Ivy to keep order. One week later Lazarus Planet: Assault On Krypton will be released on January 17. This series doesn’t actually take...

Continue reading...

Harley Quinn Romances is obviously a parody of the Harlequin Romance novels.
730c93395753f2e74bd61623aeb2c4fa.jpg

Look at the comparison, LOL it is an obvious parody.
-dcs-harley-quinn-romances-1-open-to-order-variant.jpg

guy

Sentai Monster with no Mouth Animation
Monkey Prince is a character I never heard before but its nice that DC finally have their own version Son Goku. He looks cool, I hope he gets popular enough to be in a movie.

I am Alive!
So DC is trying to get the female audiences by trying to make romance oriented books? I never thought they will give Lois Lane her own book. It seemed like girls associated with Joker gets instant fame. First Harley Quinn and now Punchline.

The Lazarus planet has a fantastic event, especially for a DC comic. Definitely intrigued, especially in light of the Superman family's current orientation and the way Cyborg and Firestorm are being used. The Monkey Prince could emerge as DC's most popular superhero. He is a unique character for the DC universe and is not a character whose race has been switched.

Renee Montoya is now the Question? I prefer her being herself with no costume. That is her charm, she uses her real name and wears civilian clothing. Now she is a generic superhero that wears a mask.

Batman and Joker is like a fever dream for me because they are allies instead of enemies in that comic.

I hate WOKE trash
I am not sure If I want to read a Tim Drake comic after they make him woke...

DC is really trying to make Yara happen, She will never be seen as Wonder Woman, Diana will always be Wonder woman...

M

Mikelo

Birds of prey always get me smiling...Diana will always remain the wonder woman, she can't be replaced by yara.