[Anime] Danganronpa: Academy of Hope and High School Students of Despair

Lurker
If you need to read the LP that badly, just pony up and buy an account. Ten bucks isn't gonna make or break you...unless it will, in which case you honestly have bigger problems than not being able to read an LP.
I would if I lived in USA or Europe, but I just happen to live in an awful third world country with a coin with an awful exchange rate with dollars. I assure you, ten dollars are quite a bit for me, far more than I'm willing to pay to read a LP.

Fair enough. I'm sure there are folks that are ripping the updates and throwing them up on Tumblr if you need your fix.

Well, that certainly was a first episode full of exposition. I'm not super fond of how they went with PZ's translations, but I suppose I could always wait for the simulcast if it ends up annoying me too much. Things seemed kinda rushed, but considering how much they have to cover and how many episodes they have to cover it in, I suppose it's to be expected. It's not the whiplashy level of rushing that I was worried about, so that's a plus.

Also, I find it kinda funny that they're not even trying to hide certain spoilery things.

レイモン (雷蒙)
Being stayed in school forever is like trap in jail. The making "despair" is like Kamen Rider Wizard thing.

Banned
Against my better judgement I decided to watch episode 1 of this... I guess I will be watching episode 2... :sweat:

And as a side note.. The new series of Rozen Maiden sucks.

レイモン (雷蒙)
Here are the characters:
1szb.jpg

レイモン (雷蒙)
Already have 2 pretty victims being killed. Didn't last long enough.:disappoin

"Didn't last long enough" seems like it's going to be the perfect way to sum up this series if it keeps up this pace. They totally blew through the investigation phase, which sucks because that's where a lot of the player/viewer's speculation is supposed to take place. I'm also really not fond of how they're cutting all the free time events. While I understand the time limitations and that they need to focus on the main plot, the free time events are where a lot of the character development takes place. Without them, the characters are basically one dimensional cut-outs defined solely by their skill and perhaps a single quirk. It's the same problem the Devil Survivor 2 anime had, which sadly shouldn't be surprising since they have the same director.

I'll keep following this, if only because I'm hoping for an eleventh hour plot derail.