So glad for Shinji Oishi to find a show he can really go all out on what with this being the most expensive toku show to date. I expect great things~

Mad Skillz
just read up on him and it appears he was the head writer of Hibiki, which i have never seen. :sweat:
Ooh, you totally should! :O It's really got me hyped for the show since Hibiki is my favorite tokusatsu, and show in general.

二番目の翻訳者
Yeah, Daimajin Kanon really feels a lot like the old Hibiki team getting to do all the things they wanted to do before they got forced to make it a Kamen Rider. The budget is just so much better, though, which makes a big difference in the appeal for me when they're doing stuff like the outdoor shots.

(If you're the sort of person who likes to read creator intent into things, you could interpret the developing plotline about Kanon's ex stealing her song and making a big hit out of it is an intentional reference to what happened with Takatera and Hibiki...)

Would like to change his avatar
Wasn't Ooishi second-banana for Hibiki...? He was partnered with Tsuyoshi Kida, but always given credit beneath Kida, so I thought it was really Kida's show...?

Mad Skillz
Was he? I've always heard that, despite the order of credit, he actually had just as much input behind the scenes as Kida did.

Would like to change his avatar
Was he? I've always heard that, despite the order of credit, he actually had just as much input behind the scenes as Kida did.

Hmm...I suppose he was higher up than I thought -- I just looked up the title/staff list at Toei, and Ooishi handled quite a few episodes on his own. I remembered episodes credited to just Kida, but not Ooishi. Hibiki's fuzzy for me, alright?!? :laugh:

I just remembered people saying the actors always brought up specifically Kida when talking about their...disappointment of the staff switch.

Skreeong!
Ooh, you totally should! :O It's really got me hyped for the show since Hibiki is my favorite tokusatsu, and show in general.

It's on my to do list. right after Ultraman Leo.... and Amazon..... and Dairanger....and Doctor Who. :anime:

Are there RAWS available for this? I always like to watch an original toku that slips in between the Super Hero Time block :anime: