(response to the title)wasn't that kinda the point? i swear i thought toei said that the kyoryugers were suppose to be ridiculously strong cause of their ability to beat their respective dino partners, with daigo being the most brave equals him being the strongest. if the presume of the ranger team wasn't being the strongest then i can see why people would complain, but i think here it's suppose to be intentional.

I guess so, but Daigo keeps going on about how they are a team that will die together so I feel uncomfortable over how he is the one that's the most powerful and important. I felt that they were supposed to be a team that had certain strengths (like Ian's skill in firearms or Nossan's physical strength) that complimented each other's weakness, thus making the team on the whole strong working together. Instead we get Daigo stealing the stage from everyone, taking their strengths essentially using carnival and pretty much throwing the idea of a "team" out the window

Minato Ascending
I think the Carnival upgrade almost makes Daigo into a Kamen Rider. I mean, he can (kind of) changed forms, and I think the form-changing is somewhat similar to Kamen Rider W (with the same creator for both shows).

Ore, Sanjou!
I think the Carnival upgrade almost makes Daigo into a Kamen Rider. I mean, he can (kind of) changed forms, and I think the form-changing is somewhat similar to Kamen Rider W (with the same creator for both shows).

that's really nothing more than a coincidence, since the entire point of KyoryuRed Carnival is to give him the power of Gabutyra/Kyoryujin

I guess so, but Daigo keeps going on about how they are a team that will die together so I feel uncomfortable over how he is the one that's the most powerful and important. I felt that they were supposed to be a team that had certain strengths (like Ian's skill in firearms or Nossan's physical strength) that complimented each other's weakness, thus making the team on the whole strong working together. Instead we get Daigo stealing the stage from everyone, taking their strengths essentially using carnival and pretty much throwing the idea of a "team" out the window

That's why I like Ian better for leading the team

Ian is good in coordinating his teams based on their abilities which shown in his recent focus episode
While Daigo tactic is only "Let's get wild, try and stop us!" things

Lurker
Even though Sentai shows are supposed to be a team show, being Red basically means being the lead protagonist. Being the lead and the most important in a team show would warrant having something other members don't, or basically being more special in some way(or else why are you the supposed main hero, why is it not the guy next to you). And yes, get more emphasis. It is in every Sentai show even if Red didn't get an exclusive power up(he still will get the most emphasis) except if the show pointedly try to avoid it like in Go-Busters.

LOL I myself am not sure if it's something to be fixed. Especially when talking about hero shows. I mean, Go-Buster avoided that and look what happened. People were complaining that Hiromu is terrible Red and why isn't Ryuuji(Blue Buster) Red. They tried not to give Red extra emphasis, and he ends up being overshadowed by more active and likable characters, thus missing the point of him being Red.

I don't know about overemphasizing Reds, but I don't think emphasizing Reds more than the rest is not something that is simply supposed to be avoided.

I don't think it will ever be "fixed." It's always been a key feature of the franchise that Red is the leader, the hero, the most powerful, gets all the attention etc. There's a few shows like Jetman (where Black Condor is wildly popular and got a lot more focus than most non-Reds), Gekiranger (where the villains got more screen time than any of the team except Jan), Kakuranger and Timeranger (which had a female team leader who got some presence in the show, even though Red was still the focus) that are slightly less heavy about it.

Although the absolute worst example I've ever seen of a show being dominated by its Red is Power Rangers Mystic Force. I don't think a Sentai has ever been as bad as that.

Agree with both of these. Red Sentai warriors are the main symbol of Super Sentai, & all happen to be either:

Leaders (Which they lead the entire sentai team),
Main protagonists (Meaning that a specific story is more focused on the character most of the time, even when some reds aren't leaders), or both.

Akaranger = Leader.
Spade Ace = Leader (until Big One came along).
Battle Japan = Leader.
Denji Red = Leader.
Vul-Eagle = Leader.
Goggle Red = Leader.
Dyna Red = Leader.
Red One = Leader.
Change Dragon = Leader.
Red Flash = Leader.
Red Mask = Both.
Red Falcon = Leader.
Red Turbo = Leader.
Five Red = Leader.