1.jpg

You know your belt is too tight when the steroids can't reach your lower half

This week: We meet Larry (Larri?) the Gorilla; a trilingual scientist-turned-bum who lives in seclusion in the forest after a cop shot him in the arm. Is it me or is he now the most fleshed-out character in the show? Also, Uncle Mario works on his axe-murderer impression, the four Zyumen discover that they need to do more level grinding, Yamato tears his own face off, and Azald fails to be amuzing enough to earn a continue.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
So now that we know that the new forms just have to be Zyuman power from other Zyuman I don't think there is any reason why the other 4 rangers couldn't get new animal powers by the end of the series.
For instance if they were able to go back to ZyuWorld at some point maybe they could meet the former guardians of the Link Cube and get new animal forms from them.
What do you guys think?

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I wonder if the reason Azald didn't earn a continue is that he didn't actually NEED one and will come back?

It is possible. I mean his..err...cube-remains are scattered. Chances are he is one of those regenerating monsters. :p

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I mean it IS fairly early to be down two generals already no?

Also was the giant mouth guy based on a weapon or not?!

Some kind of Beast mode
[ ] Cutting the BS with an unexpected 'bring the fight to them' mech battle, nice.

[ ] Not sure why they demorphed...Oh, for plot convenience...sort of? Still makes no sense. Maybe if they got to the ground and after awhile of looking they could have demorphed, but this was too weird how they executed it.

[ ] Yama's 'yaay' was too funny. :laugh:

[ ] If the Deathgalians don't really have any relation to the zyuman's, what made the zyuland protecters know they would need giant mech?

[ ] Larri studies humans. That is unexpectedly awesome.

[ ] People fearing what they do not understand? Nice!

[ ] I would think the 4 being in human form would still be enough to disturb Larri, but Idk w/e.

[ ] Tusk mentioning 'cube' when seeing Azarudo was interesting.

[ ] This little Awakened boss battle was really good!

[ ] I like the idea that zyuman's can transfer their animal power to the cubes. I guess that would explain why the others have their own forms since they were the first to touch their cubes, maybe? And the eagle zyuman touched Yama's cube first hence the eagle powers?

Idk, I could be giving the writers way more credit than I should be. What I do know is these champion's symbols will soon have way too much magical convenience.

[ ] Questionable design choices for gorilla mode.

[ ] No continue! It happened and it happened soon! I see you guys are speculating his death, but to me I feel like the head boss (name?) was just being cruel and clearly doesn't give a fuk. Azald left due to arrogance and this is his punishment.

[ ] These guys, Yamato specifically , are so vain and unobservant that they didn't realize Larri was gone hrs ago? :laugh: and tell me Yama, what about your recent interactions made you think he was right behind you...as if you were just talking to him?? :laugh: this show is weird.

I wonder if the reason Azald didn't earn a continue is that he didn't actually NEED one and will come back?
Eh, it could just be that continues are for those playing the game. They made it clear that the game hadn't started yet.
Also was the giant mouth guy based on a weapon or not?!
I guess we'll find out next episode.
[ ] Not sure why they demorphed...Oh, for plot convenience...sort of? Still makes no sense. Maybe if they got to the ground and after awhile of looking they could have demorphed, but this was too weird how they executed it.
Eh, probably just as simple as time constraints. Time spent filming the suit actors wandering around is time they're taking away from rehearsing and/or filming the action scenes. The rest of the episode is the out-of-suit unit's responsibility.
[ ] I like the idea that zyuman's can transfer their animal power to the cubes. I guess that would explain why the others have their own forms since they were the first to touch their cubes, maybe? And the eagle zyuman touched Yama's cube first hence the eagle powers?
That's pretty much exactly what they implied in the first episode isn't it? He's eagle themed because of the eagle zyuman.

Some kind of Beast mode
Eh, probably just as simple as time constraints. Time spent filming the suit actors wandering around is time they're taking away from rehearsing and/or filming the action scenes. The rest of the episode is the out-of-suit unit's responsibility.

True true, hm. Well now I'm thinking about the actors wearing the suits. That would be cost even more time, yes, but I really want to see a helmetless Amu now.

pretty much exactly what they implied in the first episode isn't it? He's eagle themed because of the eagle zyuman.

Right, I understood that. Or at least I thought I did? Idk how to explain it, but I guess I understood it differently? Ahhh, so thinking about it now, I think what I quite didn't get until now was how much of a correlation the zyuman had to their designated powers. I must have thought that the eagle zyuman just happened to have an eagle cube or that it was created for him.

lol I think this is a rare case of something I thought I knew, but didn't know, but now actually know.

Shining~
- Umm, if Gaburio is that close, why did the Zyumans sense nothing?

- The scenes about them trying to get Yamato and Larri together are hilarious xD

- They shorten the role call a bit - the heavy breathing part is cut off.

- How did Yamato knew his visor can go up? :sweat:

- "Champion of the Jungle" is way too close to Tusk's "Champion of the Forest" title lol

- I wonder if Ginis knew something about Azald that the others didn't knew, hence why he said no Continue is needed.....also, based on what Cubald said, Jag'd from the first episode is confirmed to be a Team Leader, despite having a weapon theme like the MOTW.

- Looking at Gaburio in the next episode preview, seems like he's unique in that he isn't based on any particular weapon, but rather, the user of one - he looks like a Gladiator.

Lurker
- Umm, if Gaburio is that close, why did the Zyumans sense nothing?

They sense extreme bloodlust/danger. And the joke was Gaburio was so pathetic and pose no real danger when he landed and got stuck head first that they couldn't sense him. Which lead to Azald getting mad at his uselessness and coming down himself.